Why Commercial Ships Do Not Bump Into Each Other

It's just this simple:

The navigation radar can take care of the stationary and small stuff.

That's the "stoty."

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Plus Oil Tankers get the right of way ;D

Martin Riddle

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Fascinating site - tracks virtually every vessel on the planet! Zoom out to 'see' coastal outlines...Australia and Africa are the clearest.

Thanks - another fifteen minutes I'll never get back!

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Den onsdag den 23. august 2017 kl. 23.20.43 UTC+2 skrev Martin Riddle:

;)

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Part of that is IMO requires them to have AIS, if they're over a certain tonnage that is, pretty much all inclusive.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Look at that mess around Singapore.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

here one for planes,

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

General rule is that you don't sail into the path of a tanker or large cargo ship. Their probably already slowing down and miles away from their destination, plus they need the channel depth and can't turn on a dime.

Martin Riddle

That one I knew of from a pilot friend...

From my field (pinballs) how about:

John

flippers.com

Reply to