Who the f*ck is Genersal Settings

Who the f*ck is General Settings, and why should he be saved?

Reply to
kael

And who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

-- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com Info for manufacturers:

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Spehro Pefhany

Les Cargill
Reply to
Les Cargill

And where is the Any key on my keyboard ?

Reply to
upsidedown

He's second in command from General Application Fault.

Martin Riddle

Don't forget General Tso, the Chinese counterpart to Colonel Sanders.

See the excellent "Fortune Cookie Chronicles"

which sort of mentions our building, which was the Lotus Fortune Cookie company when we bought it.

... not to change the subject...

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Oddly enough, they are both outranked by a "Major Catastrophic Error".

And perhaps "Corporal Punishment" has the final say.

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

You can find KFC outlets all over China (with delivery too), but the menu is mostly different from N.

The spicy chicken with rice dishes are pretty good, and at $2.50-3.50, equivalent, quite reasonably priced.

General Tso/Tsao/etc. is pretty ubiquitous but only in North American faux-Chinese restaurants, along with sprout-filled spring rolls and (maybe mostly Canadian-Chinese) "sweet and sour chicken balls".

"You are right about the stigma of craving this stuff. Being Asian, the shame of ordering it is way too strong so I cannot bring myself to do the deed. My nice (Caucasian) husband gets to order it for us instead."

Has your company historian compiled these photos and stories?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Like this menu? Yummm... Photo was taken by a friend on a recent vacation in China. I forgot the name of the town.

In the navy, it's general alarm, general quarters, general alert, general info, general drill, general emergency, general discussion, general confusion, etc. Just one problem. There are no generals in the navy.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

And why is Private Parts in my pants?

--
Syd
Reply to

Don't ask me. They're your privates.

Reply to
krw

company

Who, me?

On the second story was a sewing sweatshop. Both the fortune coolkie (just mis-typed "coolie") biz and the sewing were being killed by Chinese imports.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Not a very good translation.. I think they are pretty much as they appear... the first one just says "French Fries",

None at all? How about the Surgeon General of the Navy? (currently Matthew L. Nathan)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

How about the Judge Advocate General?

Reply to
krw

Sigh. I stand corrected. Also General Councel, various general orders, and General Schedule (GS pay system).

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

The General never married. But his nephew, Private Browsing, is carrying on the family tradition. His nice, Cookies, works as a text editor. The General does have a beloved dog, Pointer.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Vice Admiral Matthew L. Nathan.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts