Who makes ViewSonic's plasma TVs?

The ViewSonic VPW-505 and VPW-425 plasmas are said to be re-branded Pioneer models. Can anyone confirm this? Which models, exactly?

I've looked at the Pioneer support site and perused a few user guides, but I can find no Pioneer TV that has the same connector arrangement (an indication of a rebranded model -- while bezel and front switches are frequently redesigned by the marketing company (ie, ViewSonic), the connector panel is usually not).

Anyone know the OEM models?

Thanks,

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net

Do they have FCC ID numbers? If they do, the FCC ID database can tell you who made them.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:34:14 -0700, DaveC Gave us:

There are only a few LCD panel and Plasma panel makers out there, so nearly ALL FPDs have OEM panels in them.

My first ViewSonic CRT was a vertically flat Sony tube 14" with ACER electronics that cost me over $500 back in the early 90's! Damned thing flopped inside of a year and they wouldn't fix it, the bastards.

It's like when VHS was in. ALL VHS transport mechanisms were made by JVC, with VERY FEW exceptions.

But no, I do not know the makers.

You could google up some info on raw FPD panels and likely end up with a list of all the makers.

My ViewSonic LCD FPD at 32" is awesome, but I am sure the panel is an OEM device in a ViewSonic plastics housing

Reply to
SuperM

"SuperM" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Simply untrue. There were lots of vendors making all sorts of parts including the transports for VHS. JVC was mostly making their own transports and had relatively little OEM business.

There are about a half dozen plants making PDPs, many more making LCD panels. Viewsonic is very unlikely to be sourcing its panels from Pioneer, unless they have kept some of their obsolete lines open to produce ED panels. It is much more likely that one of the chinese vendors is supplying them.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Strangely, they don't have FCCID's. I thought all consumer products had to. Or does this exclude re-branded products?

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
DaveC

Some 3-pin devices are labeled Toshiba, others IR. SOIC packages have "GL", "ST", and "EntronTech" labels.

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
DaveC

Have been for many years now...

Reply to
ManhattanMan

Where do they hide them these days? I went looking for one on a friend's Toshiba 32" TV and scoured the exterior without success.

--
                Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast.
                     That\'s why stereo has two channels.