Who makes remotes for Digi Xbee-Pro/Zigbee?

Hello Newsgroup,

For a network consisting of Digi XB-Pro (Zigbee) modules we are looking for a simple remote. Cheap, $20 range, just 2-3 buttons under an area where a customer overlay can be applied. It's this system:

To my surprise this manufacturer does not offer remotes and isn't aware of anyone making compatible ones. I had hoped that Zigbee standardizes all this but it seems not. Have inquired here and there and even overseas but ... nada.

Any hints where to probe further?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

playstation2 controller ?

I know there's a remotecontrol standard for zigbee remotes, but even so I'm not sure you can avoid writting some code for one of the ends

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

That would be something we could buy. But I bet Digi engineers would have know if it was that easy :-)

That would be no problem at all, as long as it only requires code adaptation on the data side. The radio side is quite proprietary so no dice there if it uses a different frequency hop scheme or something.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Never used Zigbee.

But search for Zigbee keyfob and this popped up.

cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

This maybe be what you want...

Martin Riddle

Thanks, Martin, that would be almost ideal. I'll ask but I doubt the CC2420 uses the same protocol as Digi. Zigbee is not as universal and ubiquitous a standard as one would hope.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

What exactly do you want the remote to do? The Zigbee module has digital I/O and analog inputs and will transmit the result to another module.

Reply to
Dennis

We aren't using them that way though, we are using their serial data paths. What we'd like to do is have a remote join the fray and, upon pressing a button, send in a command that the modules can detect and forward on to the respective host system. The modules are programmable to some extent.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

OK - I have used them as a wireless modem or used the on module I/O functions. I have never tried to do both at the same time. It might be possible since it appears that the on module I/O uses a different frame ID in the API.

It has been a while since I used them in plain serial mode and I can't find the code right now to check which mode I used. The down side of multiple computers with dual boot :-).

Reply to
Dennis