whiteboard advances

Our internet was down this morning so I did what I've been wanting to do for a long time, namely install a fixed cam to shoot pics of my whiteboard.

So I don't have to get out of my chair and fumble with a handheld camera to get a nice, straight, glare-free pic.

Video quality isn't great, but it's good enough. It's hard to focus the cam standing on a ladder squinting down at a monitor.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Is that cable Plenum rated? ;D Seriously, some inspector might not like that.

Martin Riddle

On a sunny day (Mon, 15 Jul 2019 13:04:30 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Very nice, now get a youtube streaming channel, stand in front of that whiteboard, draw and explain the latest invention / solution, and get a million followers.

Clever idea to keep the cable ties in a pot like that, I keep those in a plastic bag. I do keep my drone propellors in a plastic pot though.

Jan Panteltje

Damnit, Jan, you beat me to it! How about it, John?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I was just gonna say that. They might indeed write that up.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Of course it is.

The building inspections are thankfully over. Now I can do the fun stuff.

Here you can have 10 Cat6 Ethernet cables in a building with no permit. 11 or more, you need a permit.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I've considered starting an electronics web site, but I wouldn't want to do any video lectures.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Can you do it with an Australian accent, just to piss off some people!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

If that is a Chinese webcam, you may already be transferring IP to China!

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

It's unlikely, but they are welcome to my whiteboard scribbles.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

If you run cable in an airway, then it should be plenum rated. Regular PVC cat cable is not plenum rated. An inspector might point out That short run to the camera is not up to code. ( even if it only goes thru

2 feet of duct work.

We have some Fire safety guy come in every year for a few bucks of donations and points out all the code violations.

Martin Riddle

On a sunny day (Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:14:10 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Neither would I... I have been in front of classes 2 times, first time we needed to work in new people and the second time boss wanted me to train new technicians in 'electronics' for some exams, I remember getting carried away in thyristors... I have a different frame of mind...

I was wondering, maybe write a book, call it 'the fart of electronics' as opposed to a very famous similar sounding book. All the bad things I tried since I was a kid..

Reply to
Jan Panteltje