While cleaning up the shop, I found this

Original Boonton 72BD manual. It includes all of the fold out schematics and board images. This is not just a user manual.

I don't think I'll ever have a use for it and was wondering if someone here does? I would hate to throw this out.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Do I have to teach you how to make money? Think of it as monetizing your investment in antique technical literature for the greater good of the buying public by selling it on eBay:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Interesting, I notice there isn't a 72BD manual listed there, just the 72B, which is the analog version I guess.

At Semco, the BD's were used on the production floor and had 1 MHz time base drops to each one. Operators had standards put out on the floor to check the cal.

I remember trashing a whole bunch of those meters prior to business closing.. oh Well :)

Thanks.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 19:10:53 -0400, "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." Gave us:

Stuff like that sells mad on ebay.

Look up your manual and see what folks get for it, and even for mere copies.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:00:48 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

The manual is listed for $28. (the first listing)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:56:13 -0400, "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." Gave us:

Cleaning up the shop? Hahahah... I have about two boxes full of old motherboards, HD controllers, etc. out in the garage. Inside, I have the newer stuff.

All of the legacy hardware I have will all value out as virtually worthless, until the day after I die. *Then* it will all be museum piece collector's items.

I have a Tandon 10MB XT full ht drive,

A few ST-32s a couple ST-4096s a 1GB Seagate SCSI full ht drive (that one cost me)

I have the first 16MB RAM I bought for a 386, that cost me like $500.

I still have many of my PCs. I only lost a couple during a move some years back.

I still have all of my displays, including an in the shipping box, bare BALL monochrome (green phosphor) tube that only needs a 12V source and a monochrome card feed to yield what was high res, in the 286 days, of 720 x 480 Hercules vector graphics.

I still have my last, highest end I owned CRT PC Display, a 19", the

Viewsonic P95f+ Dang thing had a video BW of 285MHz. The lesser models are *still* selling for more than I paid for it.

Nice screen. Really great color reproduction too. As close to the high end true pro stuff available at the time as it could get.

I also have a Toshiba monster flat screen 37" HDTV CRT. One has to hire movers to place it however. (not really)(I am getting old)

And now I have about 8 LCD/LED PC displays, none smaller than 21", and about three full size "TV" LCD/LED displays of 32" and 40" and 47".

A 20" touch screen/ computer combo 13 (sony) monster tablet PC.

A 21" ARM processed touch screen ANDROID tablet computer.

And about 30 other odd hard drives, 2.88 floppy drives, etc.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I wouldn't mind an original manual. How about $30?

Reply to
JM

Me!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You're a little slow Phil, I've already got E-mail with an acceptable offer. Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Too late, sorry.

Jamie