Which type of volatile RAM has the least duration of data remanence when power-offed?

Hi:

Which type of volatile RAM has the least duration of data remanence when the power is offed?

Thanks,

Green Xenon

Reply to
GreenXenon

My brain lately.

-Momo

Reply to
Manny

1101
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
[piggy backing due to bozo bin restrictions]

Core memory?

Email IBM and ask if you can get a PCI express interface for this.

Reply to
JW

No, that is the most, not the least.

Reply to
MooseFET

Some TTL RAM chips wake up with the same pattern just about every time no matter what they had in them at power off. Many low power CMOS ones are very bad about holding onto values.

There are RAMs made with a hardware clear on reset.

Reply to
MooseFET

Hell, IBM (& everyone else) had problems with core on mini computers & mainframes.

Core is a form of non volitle memory. It was replaced by floppy and hard drives, which are being replaced by flash memory.

The 1101 was a slow, cantankerous 256 byte solid state RAM designed in the '70s

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, its 42.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Only if it falls into the 'Everything else' category. :)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

SN7489 probably qualifies.

(Or any other chip that holds irreplaceable information. But that's a different subject entirely :-)

--
met vriendelijke groet,
Gerard Bok

Have you considered mercury delay lines?

Jerry

-- "I view the progress of science as ... the slow erosion of the tendency to dichotomize." --Barbara Smuts, U. Mich. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Reply to
Jerry Avins

How do you think he caused his brain damage?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Does SN7489 contain capacitors?

Reply to
GreenXenon

All ICs that have a conducting substrate overlain by an insulating layer on which there are conductors contains capacitors.

--
"I view the progress of science as ... the slow erosion of the tendency
  to dichotomize." --Barbara Smuts, U. Mich.
Jerry Avins

Everything in electronics has capacitors, inductors & resistors. The trick is understanding how they work, instead of just trolling with ignorant questions.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Twin-Transistor RAM does not contain capacitors

quote:

"TTRAM is similar to conventional one-transistor, one-capacitor DRAM in concept, but eliminates the capacitor by relying on the floating body effect inherent in a silicon on insulator (SOI) manufacturing process."

Another question arises.

Does Twin-Transistor RAM have a longer duration of data remanence -- when power-offed -- than SN7489?

Reply to
GreenXenon

Jeez, so it is storing charge on parasitic capacitors.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Pope

He's not getting that's it not possible to build semiconductor circuits without capacitance.

--
Eric Jacobsen
Minister of Algorithms

I can draw a circuit diagram without capacitors, so why can't I build the circuit?

Jerry

--
"I view the progress of science as ... the slow erosion of the tendency
  to dichotomize." --Barbara Smuts, U. Mich.
Jerry Avins

Physics is a bitch. ;)

--
Eric Jacobsen