which is the best metal to reflect microwave?

if any idea of maximum depth of penetration of microwave into the material will helpful, and also any document or research paper or any kind of data will helpful. thank you.

Reply to
DARS patel

Usually when a microwave crashes into metal it just crumples. If you want to reflect it get something bouncy. Maybe rubber.

:^) GH

Reply to
George Herold

What material do airplanes use to reflect microwaves?

Reply to
John S

Hats to reflect the laser sputnik mind-control beams are traditionally made of aluminum foil; users have reported good results from that material.

Reply to
bitrex

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Aluminium foil underwear helps protect your naughty bits from microwave oven leakage.

Reply to
doh

I see the potential for humour has been exhausted by others. for the striaight dope, look up "skin effect".

Jasen Betts

Only if they're properly earthed. Best approach is to attach a chain to the hat, the loose end of which drags across the ground as you walk. Same principle as used to prevent static build-up in motor vehicles.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

If you made the hat of tin you could get it to super conduct. (~3K?) Maybe a lead superconducting hat. (~8K)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yes, yes, indeed, good point. When at home the best solution to keep one safe is probably to connect an IEC power lead to he hat. You know, so you get a really low-impedance connection to earth ground. Or something.

Reply to
bitrex

Niobium: higher Tc and can still be spun and machined.

Q better than quartz crystals!

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

I was wrong :)

Jasen Betts

The problem with tin foil and other such metal hats is that they reflect RF, which then bounces around the cranium doing more damage than it might if there were no reflecting hat. What the OP needs is an RF absorber, not a reflector. Something like a hat made from RF absorbent (carbon) foam:

It may also be possible to fabricate a suitable absorber from Orgonite: which is known to protect the wearer from the harmful effects of EMF.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

That's fine, I'm marketing a line of superconducting lead hats. They bounce off the RF and furthermore absorb all the cosmic rays!*

Wearing the hat around will also strengthen your neck muscles.

George H.

*and don't tell me that a thin layer of lead will make more cosmic rays... I'm wearing my marketing hat. :^)
Reply to
George Herold