Where does the money go

As I have said here before I'm paying $7,700 for health insurance. An inferior* Obamacare policy costs $13,700**. So BCBS gets an extra $6,000, But does not pay out any more money in benefits. I thought the extra money for Obamacare was supposed to help pay for those that couldn't afford health insurance. In what way does the extra $6,000 get to those who were supposed to be helped? Mikek

  • inferior in that Obamacare has a higher deductible and does not pay as well on most procedures. BCBS would seem to payout less with the O'care policy vs my existing policy.

** It does not cost ME more, it costs you more, you all have conspired to give*** me $7,452 a year to pay the $13,700 for Obamacare.

***called a subsidy. I could save $1,452 a year if I took the O'care policy. Alas, I'm still hoping for failure.
amdx

How many script kiddies are fully employed, thanks to O'care?

Reply to
krw

[snip]

The extra $6,000 fattens the wallets of the healthcare executives who supported Obama and ObamaCare. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

That is even beyond the insanity of Keynes. The only puiblic sector jobs that REALLY should exist ar eeping up the infrastructure and defending the oberdrs. They are doing neither.

Awaiting childish insults now. have at it, I got sticks and stones.

Reply to
jurb6006

oberdrs

borders

Reply to
jurb6006

supported Obama and ObamaCare."

They were alrready morbidly obese.

Reply to
jurb6006

Jim, That's the only thing I can see. I don't know where the discounted policies are, for those that can't afford them, that might have been paid for by the extra $6,000.

I just makes no sense.

I'm series about the question, How does me* paying $6,000 more to BCBS help anyone that couldn't afford insurance?

Mikek

  • it's not me, it's the hardworking taxpayers money they used to pay me the subsidy.
Reply to
amdx

Have you considered using an insurance agent? I save $300 a month under the ACA, and the plan is far superior. I ordered a second pair of orthotics, and it was 1/3 what I paid under the previous plane. My blood test are now half of what they used to be. I'm not on a prescription drugs, so I can't comment on that.

You can rant like some homeless f*ck on the street corner, you can take charge and solve the problem.

It is your choice.

The ACA is fine. I wish we had single payer, but the ACA is a start. Now if we can just get them to stop paying for bullshit like prayer.

Reply to
miso

I did that early on and they couldn't save me any money, but I'll take your advice and try again. However, I also now what I saw on the ACA sight. $13,700 was the cheapest for my family of three. This is with a $12,500 deductible.

Did you save $300 a month with the subsidy included?

What is your family size and how much are you paying?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

"couldn't save me any money" ???

"sight"???

You're an illiterate, so it's no wonder you're having so many problems.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

"me paying" ??? or "my paying"

You're an illiterate, so it's no wonder you're having so many problems.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I pay, between Medicare Parts B & D, plus a Mutual of Omaha Supplemental, $8,148/year... no deductibles, no co-pays, just ~$4-7 per prescription.

But that's just for the two of us :-( ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I'm not trying to comment on your post specifically, but I wonder if people understand that insurance is a way to spread the risk while actually increasing the cost due to the overhead and profit of the insurance company?

Insurance will be expensive while health care is expensive and it will be most expensive for those who are in the age groups with the highest costs. At some point in your life you will most likely call on the insurance company to pay out big time!

--

Rick
Reply to

Mikek is _much_ younger than I, but pays proportionately much higher... just like most young folks do. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I guess you're lucky you're not eligible for Obamacare, it would probably be $15,500. :-)

Reply to
amdx

How could you miss the series vs serious? You just got to excited thinking, I can get him now! ha ha ha.

I'm not illiterate. But that's the liberal tactic, attack the person not the idea.

I don't know that I have so many problems, in all my rants no one has ever piped in and said, I have a policy that covers three people and it's is only $5,000 a year with a $1,000 deductible. I just don't see how the government gets involved, my rate goes up

72% in 25 months, then they tell me I can get Obamacare for only an additional $6,100, over what I pay know. I have insurance I have plenty in my HSA, I'm just tired of getting a bigger and bigger bill for the same coverage.

I did talk to a rep for the company and he said that the pool I'm in is getting smaller and smaller as they push more customers into the Obamacare pool. He said as the pool gets smaller the rate goes up. He did tell me I'm grandfather in until 2017. When I had the salesman on the phone he said he couldn't guarantee the policy past 2015. Just part of the sales pitch to push me onto Obamacare.

Care to tell me your numbers so I have a reference to work from?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

The best thing to do with bloggs is to killfile him... everyone should do it... ALSO REMEMBER: no response means no podium for that village idiot. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yes, but I'd just as soon not get even or ahead of the insurance company. :-)

I have had several people tell me I just don't know how to shop. But, I think they are people who are on medicaid or on a company policy, and they don't have a clue what is going on in the insurance field now. Mikek PS, there were many* thinking I was nuts when I went to the $10,000 deductible, I was ahead in less than 28 months. Plus I had the tax deduction from the HSA.

  • those many, never saved and couldn't write a check for ,000 if a large healthcare bill came their way. So, they could take the risk.

btw, the company rep I talked with said one place the money goes is to those people that signup just before they have a hospitalization. They knew they were going into the hospital so they signed up for Obamacare and got covered, and even though they only paid a single months premium it covered a $250,000 bill.

Reply to
amdx

And they'll tell you that a funeral is cheaper..

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

A picture of Thompson: