Where can I buy POWERFUL magnets and solenoids?

Well, can anyone tell me where can I buy the strongest magnet with various shape?

And where can I buy various powerful solenoid?

Will a strong magnet is brought near to the mobile phone or mp3, will it affect their stabilty?

Reply to
jamezun

I buy neodymium iron boron magnets from several vendors on Ebay. They are amazingly powerful for their size.

Can't help you there.

Strong magnetic fields will almost certainly affect a cell phone, since they contain various ferrite core inductors that can saturate.

If an MP3 player contains just semiconductors, resistors and capacitors, it would be more immune. But if it contains any inductors or transformers, it could be affected, also.

Reply to
John Popelish

I get mine solenoids from here

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

how bout the recent mobiles? do they got any inductors inside the mobile?? it only affect inductors rite? i suppose they wont affect IC chips and semiconductor? cuz im gonna design a device which will be hide inside the mobile but it consists a powerful magnet... anything i can do to tackle this problem? and also the mp3 too or palm...anything i can do to minimize the magnetic effect on other electronics component inside them?

Reply to
jamezun

I would have to reverse engineer the unit in question to answer that with anything but a guess. But anything that involves magnetic core material or permanent magnets, like speakers might be affected.

Little effect, at least.

You might be able to keep most of the magnetic flux out of the internals with good iron shielding, but that depends on what the magnet is supposed to do, and I have no idea what that is. Sounds like you may have some expensive experiments ahead.

Reply to
John Popelish

for magnets.

Al

Reply to
Al

Strongest permanent magnet that I ever saw was on The SPS-8 RADAR's magnetron. I'm not sure of the field strength but 2400 Gauss seems to stick in my memory. Could this be correct? It yanked several screwdrivers out of my hand. I heard stories that techs got their wristwatch too close to it and the magnet slammed their wrist up against the magnet. Once a watch got near that maggie it never worked again.

Maybe you could find one in a surplus electronics shop.

Reply to
Bob Agnew

P.S. This was roughly a horseshoe shape. Must have weighed 50 lbs. or more.

Reply to
Bob Agnew