When did GC-Prevue stop being free?

I was hoping for an independent opinion. Layout packages, for example, don't check the width for a drawn line where two tracks join such they leave a small neck.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

I discovered this:

s interesting.

is

king for a second opinion?

I don't remember any names, but PC fab houses often have web sites which ca n DRC your files. I recall submitting artwork for quote and getting violat ions which would appear to be due to something akin to round off errors, mi ssing the rule by 0.000001 mm or something.

Or do you want something more traceable and repeatable? You never know whe n the web site will change their software or how good it is.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

I used Eurocircuits and so in the process of submitting the job there is quite a good DRC. It found a couple of minor thing the layout package didn't see.

I was hoping to find a standalone application but haven't found one that checks dimensions.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

I'd think their DRC would catch violations of _their_ design rules, designed to optimize (cheapen) their process. There are reasons to have tighter rules. That's probably good enough, if you're using them and you don't care about anything tighter/better.

There's that, too. IMO, the designer really needs control of such things.

Reply to
krw