What would you call it?

I've developed a simple-minded subcircuit for use with NOISE analyses in Spice/PSpice/LTspice such that...

o It passes DC at whatever RDC you set

o It jumps to gmin/2 at some corner you set, FCO

o It's a flat impedance at gmin for the rest of the spectrum

I need a name for this PART ;-)

(I'll post the subcircuit as soon as I decide on a name.) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Add another wire and call it an Ideal bias tee.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Good idea for a separate part. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Here you go...

**** SPICE MODELING by JIM THOMPSON,

****

  • I've developed a simple-minded subcircuit for use with current NOISE
  • analyses in Spice/PSpice/LTspice such that...
*
  • It passes DC at whatever RDC you set
*
  • It jumps to gmin/2 at some corner you set, FCO
*
  • It's a flat impedance at gmin for the rest of the spectrum
**** .SUBCKT AC-BLOCK A B PARAMS: RDC=1m FCO=1 ACTIVE=1 .PARAM RCVAL={759.84m/sqrt(2*pi*FCO*RDC*gmin)} C_C1 INT2 B {RCVAL} R_R1 INT1 INT2 {RCVAL} G_G1 A B VALUE {ACTIVE*V(INT2,B)/RDC+(1-ACTIVE)*V(A,B)/RDC} E_BUF1 INT1 0 A 0 1 .ENDS AC-BLOCK **** ...Jim Thompson
 Click to see the full signature

My symbol...

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

'Flat Gain brick wall Filter with DC'?

If I read that right.

Martin Riddle

You designed it ?

Thompsostat one.

Reply to
jurb6006

That would work, but I settled on "AC-BLOCK" ;-)

Some may wonder, "What the hell", but this is a just a convenience for doing both input-referred voltage and current noise analysis in a single simulation run, as one often goes up as the other goes down... making it more easy to visually optimize an amplifier input structure.

{Parameter "ACTIVE" allows me to turn it on and off as appropriate during the STEP PARAMETER routines.) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature