What the Hell has happened to this group???

Hi guys, It's me.

You may remember me from such great, informative posts as, "what does

*this* bit do?" and "what does this *other* bit do?" I've just taken a look at this group for the first time in two years and am mortified. Who are all these new, weird posters? Why has the group taken on such a dark, almost suicidal aspect? Whatever happened to all those gay, carefree discussions we used to have about jackrabbit infestations and whatnot? Where are all my old pals - Win, Jim, the Johns, Rich, Bill, Joe, Dave and Mike?

It's a bloody disgrace! And I blame it all on myself for not being here to mentor you all through this crisis! I shall never forgive myself.....

[your foremost former contributor]

Paul B.

Reply to
orion.osiris

Some are here. Some have left.

From time to time we do still get into interesting discussions. Stick around and look between the spam and junk and you may still find embers of the old fire.

Reply to
MooseFET

Dumbfucktard bullshit remarks like this (your horseshit)is why the group is the way it is.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Truly pathetic in the most strict definition of the term.

My God!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Burridge(sp?) lives! Wondered where you'd gone...

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Well, yes, that's me: probably the most important contributor to this group ever (though I do say so myself). That's why I must accept the blame for its general demise. Without the thought provoking questions I typically posed, it's no wonder things have gone downhill.

But it's not too late yet......

Reply to
orion.osiris

Weird posters! :)

Purple cement talks to the surprised duck which circles the tomato soup at the time of thought. But if the deletion of the tang fizzles the metallic wood, there can be no plastic in the protein.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

So tell us what you're working on.

John

who you abandoned, abandoned!, in the fight against Darkness. Or Dorkness. Whatever.

Is this the same one:

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

I'm sure glad I never do anything that requires a tie.

John

Me too. I was impressed with my current employer when one of the directors turned up to the interview in shorts, t-shirt, and bare feet.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Lose some Hills, Win others?

Reply to
Robert Baer

LOL! An imposter! Seriously, I've only ever been an electronics hobbyist. If I'd been involved in developing systems for avionics, you'd see a great many

*more* serious plane crashes than have already taken place. :-)
Reply to
orion.osiris

Who's THIS idiot? Not Fred Bloggs under an assumed name is it?

Reply to
orion.osiris

,

Hi John,

Sorry for abandoning you. I'm not really working on anything as such. I'm seven-eights retired now, being nearly as rich as you are. :-) In the last 6 months I've been changing all my computers over to Linux, which has been a pretty scary learning experience, but is now paying off as I really couldn't face the future with Windows Vista or whatever new crap OS Bill Gates comes up with to replace it. In the past 3 months, I've been checking out all the conspiracy theories I didn't have time to look into before and have to say some of them have been real eye-poppers; very scary stuff. Anyway, have there been any notable comings and goings on the group in the last couple of years?

Reply to
orion.osiris

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@q16g2000yqg.googlegroups.com...

Don't remember you, sorry. But what big changes are imaginable as long as Jim Thomson and Bill Slowman are still there?

:)

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

He's any of the following, often using multiple sock-puppets in the same thread, including in replies to "himself." Best to simply killfile him and let him gibber to himself in the corner. Improves the SNR, somewhat.

AnimalMagic Archimedes' Lever Bart! Bungalow Bill Capt. Cave Man ChairmanOfTheBored Corbomite Carrie DarkMatter Do I really need to say? Dorothy with the Red Shoes on FatBytestard FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

Hattori Hanzo Herbert John \\Jackie\\" Gleason" HiggsField IAmTheSlime ItsASecretDummy LargeMarge MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

Mr.Eko Mycelium Neanderthal Phat Bytestard RoyLFuchs SkyPilot SoothSayer Spurious Response StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt snipped-for-privacy@ssiveBlackHoleAtTheCenterOfTheMilkyWayGalaxy.org The Great Attractor

The Last Mimsy TheKraken snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

UltimatePatriot UpGrade ValleyGirl

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Nothing major. Phil A still has occasional moments of lucidity, and Bill S doesn't. James A contributes polite reasoning (violating at least two charter provisions), and JT posts technical challenges about broken patio thermometers and birds pooping in his hideous light fixtures. Sylvia is the first woman in group history to have more balls than the juvenile jerks (oooh, yuk, a girrrrrl!) who tried to chase her away.

I plan to stick with XP for the next decade at least.

Read Ann Coulter's "Treason" for some great CS stuff. Except that it's pretty much all true.

John

e:

Oh God!! Well there's one in every group, it seems. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reply to
orion.osiris

Jim's barbeque is still up and runnin'? Gee, I thought I destroyed it with my giant spudgun (the ignition circuit for which Jim was unwise enough to entrust to me. ;-))

Blimey! You have a WOMAN on s.e.d now? Unglaublich as the Germans say! I take it from that that dear old Fred Bloggs is no more with us? :-(

Big mistake, John. BIG mistake!!

Will do. Er, I mean "certainly won't do any such thing, what an outrageous suggestion" for the benefit of the the spooks monitoring this. ;-)

In 2009, it pays to be ignorant. :-)

Reply to
orion.osiris