What's in your Wallpaper?

My wallpaper is a cutaway shot of the GE9X engine.

One of the most advanced pieces of hardware man has yet come up with.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Landing of the Falcon Heavy twin boosters.

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

Dual (impedance and admittance) Smith Chart.

Reply to
Harold Hill

Wild blue yonder above and fluffy cloud cover below, a view out of my DA42NG windshield 10000 ft above border between Slovak Republic and Poland (High Tatra mountains below cloud).

--

-TV
Reply to

Plain classic XP look, pretty dark uniform teal-ish color. Not so glaring or confusing as most wallpapers.

lunatic fringe electronics

On my CentOS desktop, an anonymous Italian fresco of the Annunciation.

On my phone, a detail of a flipflop plugin module from an IBM 701.

On my Qubes machines, the standard Dom0 Qubes wallpaper.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:4ee73cdb-86e4-4562-be61-f1a3725bcf56 @googlegroups.com:

Good thing modern displays have no burn in issues.

Ship or land?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Harold Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Is there an emmitter plotted on it? Just blank?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

A fractal I rendered myself, which, come to think of it, is probably 10 years old. Ah yep, 2008 Sept 23, almost exactly. Nice!

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Design Website:

Tim Williams

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

So, you are saying that you are easily confused.

Now I know why you do not understand the Space Shuttle Program or the ISS.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I've just got the Win 7 standard blue thing at work.

My home computer has a picture of the stream in my back yard. It use to have a pic of my kids (age ~3,5) sledding in the woods. (I should put that one back on.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

"Tim Williams" wrote in news:pnofq5$9hl$1 @dont-email.me:

Well, ya dufus! You have to pull the screenshot from a blank desktop if you want us to see your fractal.

I made mine on my ipad, which has a *very* nice fractal app called Frax HD. If you have an apple device you should check it out.

You should also check out this app for Windows (for any Windows machines you might have) that runs under media player or as your screen saver. It is called "G-Force" authored by SoundSpectrum.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I keep my work laptop clean and relaxing it compensates for the mess on the bench:

Reply to
bitrex

Are you so deliberately obnoxious in person? If so, you must have few friends and some interesting scars.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

bitrex wrote in news:tjUnD.24827$ snipped-for-privacy@fx28.iad:

Do a ggogle images search on "engineer with messy bench" The first set you see there are from some famous, dead rf engineer. IIRC.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jim William's bench was a pretty pathological case (and those pics were probably a bit hammed-up for effect though maybe not too much from usual.) It's hard to keep a bench that's used very often attractively-neat though you end up spending as much time cleaning up as you do working and a bench that is sitting idle isn't earning its keep.

Jim Williams was a rare type who could probably compensate for disorganization through raw talent. I'm not a raw talent I just go with Mom's old words of wisdom something to the effect of if an employer has a choice between disorganized-genius and organized-average they'll often take the latter, simply because the latter can find the required document and send it off in a timely fashion.

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:YuZnD.115766$ snipped-for-privacy@fx45.iad:

I keep thinking of a movie line by Christopher Lloyd...

"Nobody likes a Mr. Messy."

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

.

John Larkin finds anybody who won't take him at his own - vastly exaggerate d - valuation - to be obnoxious. The rest of us find the kind of flattery t hat John Larkin craves to be deeply suspicious (and usually a precursor to some kind of attempted exploitation).

Presumably it's John Larkin's addiction to flattery that makes him such a s ucker for denialist propaganda (which tends to be larded with liberal doses of flattery for the reader).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That was my 2013 desktop. The 2018 version is about 50% folders and temporarily extends into a 2nd monitor.

The plan was to have work in progress on the desktop so I don't have to go digging for the files. The problem is that I never quite finish everything, so the folders accumulate and never seem become properly filed under "Dead Done and Buried". Eventually, I ran out of desktop space, which is sufficient justification for buying a larger monitor. My current two home monitors are both 24" 1920x1080. I'm casually looking at overpriced 32" 4K monitors or possibly adding a third monitor on my desk.

For finding things, I use Everything:

I like watching global or continental lightning maps when my machines aren't doing anything useful (like running an image backup):

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Jim Williams' work-bench did come up early (and frequently) in the series, but he wasn't rf. Nor was Bob Pease.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to