what pins do I use to connect a board to a DIP socket?

I'm building a small board with a CPLD installed. I'd like to plug this board into a standard 40-pin DIP socket. SIP pin strips have

0.025" pins which are too big to fit into a DIP socket. Mill-Max makes machined pin strips, but they're rather pricey. Something like the pins on a Stamp Micro board would be ideal if the price was right (& if I knew a source for the pins). What are my options?

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
vze24h5m

Molex sells these by the strip.

--
Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Don, thanks for the reply. I should have shown this in my original post - the Stamp board pins looks like this: --+ board ==== | --+ | | pin ^ The pin solders to both the top and bottom side of the PCB. It looks a lot like a DIP IC pin. Is this what you had in mind when you said "these"? I'm looking at the Molex web site, but thumbing through a catalog would be a lot easier.

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
vze24h5m

Google for "leadframe"

Donald

Donald - Thanks for telling me the name ("leadframe"), and for the links!

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
vze24h5m