What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

I don't think anyone called them "negative resistors" except for the O.P.

Digikey was fresh out of negative resistors and are backordered. That is a negative quantity of negative resistors.

Reply to
boB

Geesh. I think that you and Phil must be related or something

Reply to
boB

The only thing that you've proved is that I no longer have an ability to sufferer fools of any kind, in yet another newsgroup.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

I think he means that he can't be bothered being polite to people he disagrees with. Mike Terrell's grasp of who is a fool and who isn't is not all that impressive.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That's unfair to Phil. He and krw can be pretty irrascible, but Phil is a whole lot more willing to imagine that he might be wrong, and - unsurprisingly - he's wrong a whole lot less often than krw is.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Must be rough looking in the mirror... I'm just sayin'

--
Rick C

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

No one cares about your ignorant blather, as well.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Obviously you do or you wouldn't have replied... I'm just sayin'

--
Rick C

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

No, they're 'negative resistances', as I said

And as I said imho it's a somewhat misleading moniker.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Mike Terrell is ignorant enough to make claims about what other people might think.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

No, while a "negative resistor", as a passive device, doesn't (can't) exist, it is a useful concept. He didn't say "tunnel diode".

No one said they existed as a passive device.

Reply to
krw

The OP said "negative resistor". A device with a negative incremental resistance isn't a "negative resistor". "Negative resistance" has another (overloaded) meaning and as you note it is confusing some dopes here.

Reply to
krw

Learn something, if you can.

Reply to
krw

Phil's human and krw is a troll robot?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

is there a point?

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes! The point is there can be 50+ posts about the color code of a resistor. (And only about 2 of them actually address the question!) :)

Excluding this one, of course.

Reply to
mm

Now THAT's a good point !

Reply to
boB

correction: a non-existent resistor, and that makes it 51.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Certainly but you're obviously too dim to get it.

Reply to
krw

I'm not dim or childish enough to waste further time on this.

Reply to
tabbypurr