What Are These Antenna?

They are saying this is a HAARP-type installation, but I have my doubts.

Can anyone guess by looking what the purpose of this facility is?

Mark Granger

Reply to
mgrainger

No mind control or chemtrails involved.

Reply to
just_me

At a guess, based on their location and orientation, it's a radioscience effort looking at the Aurora Australis.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Interesting.

But is the RF power output stong enough to cause heating of the ionosphere such as is performed by the HAARP in Alaska, etc?

Assuming they may want to do that.

Mark Granger

Reply to
mgrainger

Unlikely - it looks more like a passive phased array antenna intended for detecting signals from the ionosphere. If they were transmitting then there would be a fence around it if only to stop it cooking conspiracy fruit cakes who could use a lesson in using a video camera!

They may well transmit a pulse and detect the reflection off aurora.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Mind control. The intent is to make the entire world talk funny and dring bad beer like the Aussies do.

 Click to see the full signature

See the above URL previously posted. The stated xmit power is: Total Peak Power: 9.6kW Mean Power: 200W Radiated Power: 12.5W in main beam direction With such a low duty cycle, it's unlikely to heat anything. Ham radio HF operators radiate more RF power.

I guess the problem is that anything that looks like an array of antennas is now assumed to be used for atmospheric heating and considered a danger to the environment. So, if you're looking for big HF antenna arrays, the cold war era HF radar arrays should be a good start: That's 1,000,0000 watts into some huge amount of gain to produce 100 Megawatts EIRP. Now, that's power. Too bad they were scrapped in

2007. Over its 25 year life, it cost about $1.5 billion to build and maintain, so you may have some financial difficulties if you're planning to build your own.
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

They appear to be members of a log periodic array. That means that they are relatively broadband. Their sizes indicate that they are probably meant for the HF or MF bands. The side-by-side arrangement of the antennas suggests that they are phased and that they have a narrow beam in the horizontal plane.

I did not notice any provisions for rotation. If the azimuth is known, some clue as to its purpose might be suggested.

Reply to
John S

It's already working with one or two posters here. Why others don't just kf them I don't know.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I've been told that nobody drinks Fosters in Australia, and they only brew it for export. That makes them merely evil, but not actually insane.

 Click to see the full signature

Further

Using Google Earth, I think the azimuth is due south (it could be north, though). There are 16 of them. That would boost the gain 12dB over one antenna. Pretty significant.

The shadows (about 65' long) indicate (on the date of the imagery at that location) that the antennas are about 45 feet high. This makes economical sense, I think, if one is not concerned about the elevated main radiation lobe above ground.

Reply to
John S

10 kilowatts total peak power? Pulsed, with pulses so short that they article specifies a mean power of 200 watts? I don't think you're going to see much effect on the ionosphere at mean power levels this low. It looks as if it's a *measurement* system rather than a *manipulation* system.

Heck, a lot of ham operators operate CW and SSB and RTTY in those same HF ranges, at average levels far higher than that. Here in the U.S. we're allowed up to 1500 watts peak power.

HAARP apparently did up to 3.6 *mega*watts.

The military (in many countries) has been doing HF-band "over the horizon" radar for decades. The "Russian woodpecker" Duga-3 system is reported as having sent pulses of up to 10 megawatts EIRP.

Doesn't sound like the Bruny system is anything particularly new, unusual, or particularly powerful for systems of its type.

Reply to
Dave Platt

I can't recall where I saw it, but some wag claimed that government mind control satellites are real, and extremely effective, but a programming glitch limits them to transmitting a signal which is 90% "Mind control satellites do not exist" and 10% "You should care about the Kardashians".

Reply to
Dave Platt

Finally, a post to make reading this newsgroup worthwhile. :)

--

Rick
Reply to

Here's one patent incident for which I won't forgive Australia: "How the Aussie government "invented WiFi" and sued its way to $430 million": I wanted to boycott Australian products, but discovered that I wasn't drinking, using, buying, or specifying anything from Australia. This is one of the few examples of a government agency that became a patent troll.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Like so many things in this world, little is as it claims.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

They even invented the wheel:

--
Reinhardt
Reply to

I don't like Foster's.. too sweet. When I was in Oz, (Perth) I drank the "black duck"... Swan Lager.

But you have to be careful, they brew a potent beer down under.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Well, it has some uses, as in "The doctor said I could only have one beer a day." ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

We just opened an Asahi Super Dry in a gigantic bottle. Really tasty to us, but not your kind of beer.

The Houdini resealer things really work. None of the others seem to.

 Click to see the full signature