what a horrible data sheet

chine. It's fine here.

ines.

That is hugely rare for me. If I can open the page in another browser, it almost always will open in the problem browser if I close it and reopen it. Heck, Firefox will periodically start crapping on my network connection s o I can't get decent ping times. Restart it and all is well.

--
  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

If that form is not shown, then you need to update your browser, or switch to Chrome

And by the way, the reason they use forms is that it feeds into their response system, so that your case will not be just a forgotten email somewhere

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

It's safer and easier to switch to OnSemi.

 Click to see the full signature

I don't really buy this 'you must update your everything' stuff. I totally could rant about it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

y could rant about it.

When your car maker sends you a recall notice that some safety related part is a recall, do you ignore that? Isn't software security like that? In a ddition new stuff is added that will be used by web sites as well as bug fi xes that affect functionality. What's wrong with that?

Bottom line is you can run with no updates and live with the consequences o r you can let the software operate as it was designed to do. Larkin is jus t having a hissy about the fact that the world doesn't work the way he woul d like it. Are you in that same boat with him?

--
  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

no, my life is not on the line from using the previous version of firefox.

the main downside is that over time it makes machines unusable or of poor productivity.

or you can update it for security, but not migrate to the latest version every time with yet more added crp.

no he isn't

I do think you're inclined to be unrealistic fairly often.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It's dangerous to keep your system old, including browsers. Vulnerability holes are stuffed all the time, if you keep an old browser your system could be wide open to intruders

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

klaus.kragelund

On 6/26/2019 10:23 AM, Rick C wrote: (snip)

It gulps up memory, too.

Reply to
John S

I don't mind Firefox updating itself pretty often. I don't like when they change the ui and cosmetics for no reason, just to be different.

The alternative is to trust Google or Microsoft. As if!

The trend in UIs lately is to make everything shades of grey, like cars. Maybe some people can't afford color monitors (or pigments in paint?)

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I'm glad that ECL gates don't get trojans.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Yes! The light shades of grey are almost impossible to distinguish from the background.

Reply to
John S

What would an ECL gate do with a prophylactic?

Reply to
John S

I use an addon to Firefox that colors the active tab. Others supress scripting, fill in forms, delete cookies, and un-do what Google does to search URLs.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Keep from multiplying.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

You didn't respond to the post except trying to change the subject

Complaining that the browser does not work on a website, and not willing to update the browser (this is self explanatory(, ignoring critical safety issues not updating.

I could just change the subject by talking about methane from cows, but that does not change the facts. Seems like how the journalists are dealing with Trump. Nothing sinks through (I am not comparing you to Trump, he's a one in a billion idiot)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

tally could rant about it.

part is a recall, do you ignore that? Isn't software security like that?

.

Ok, so unless your life is on the line you don't care to lift a finger to m aintain data security? Got it.

s bug fixes that affect functionality. What's wrong with that?

productivity.

"Over time" meaning half a decade or more? Yeah, it would e terrible to ha ve to upgrade memory or something after some years.

es or you can let the software operate as it was designed to do.

every time with yet more added crp.

By "crp" you mean the functionality that web sites will continue to move to ward? This isn't between you and Firefox or Chrome. This is the rest of t he world. It's like sticking with your wood burning Stanley Steamer while the rest of the world has moved on to internal combustion.

k the way he would like it.

Ok, I'll bite. Yes he is.

You and Larkin are the one's clashing with the rest of the Internet.

--
  Rick C.

  --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

achines.

it almost always will open in the problem browser if I close it and reopen it. Heck, Firefox will periodically start crapping on my network connecti on so I can't get decent ping times. Restart it and all is well.

Not sure what the "it" refers to. Do you mean Firefox? I don't have any p roblems with that. But then I have 32 GB in my machine just so I don't hav e to worry about memory issues with any program I use.

--
  Rick C.

  --+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

I run Firefox, which updates itself often.

If a web site doesn't work, I blame the web site.

If a data sheet is terrible, I pick a part with a better data sheet. I want to get my boards right at rev A, first pass.

Diodes is trying to find out if they have an eval board!

Please excuse me for discussing electronics.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Maybe I misunderstood, but in an earlier post you wrote you didn't update

I am on 67.0.4, which shows the diodes Form perfectly. So does Chrome, IExplorer, Safary, Opera

So I really think it's on your end the problem is

If the part is great, I live with a bad datasheet

I am certainly grateful for your contribution to SED. One of the best we have :-)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund