weird LT Spice

I added a 1 volt supply that was grounded on the low end but not connected otherwise. That temporarily fixed the problem of the un-probeable nodes. But then adding another part broke it again. The power supply just shuffled the circuit a little and stirred up the random initial condition problem. LT Spice is funny that way.

I didn't have floating nodes unless they were inside the EPC fet model. I think that LT Spice doesn't like that model. The EPC library is all text, but it's too complex for me to decode.

lunatic fringe electronics

If the issue is performance of GaN models, you could always consult the LTspice group on Yahoo.

I don't recall anyone else having issues with them, but if you've loaded the EPC library somewhere in the past, it may be first reference for the model, even if it or a newer library or model is located in your working library.

The only way to enforce use of local libraries is to use .inc.\xxx.lib rather than the basic .inc xxx.lib

But that's only one possibility.

I ran into this issue with long forgotten non-standard libraries that were decades+ old, resident in a new XVI 'over-install'.

RL

Reply to
legg

What's interesting is that I don't have any .inc statement. Spice seems to use the epc.lib file in the local folder just because it's there, or referenced through some path not obvious to me. If I rename it to .liz, it won't run.

lunatic fringe electronics

That's a good indication that there's only one library, the local one, involved.

RL

Reply to
legg