way, way OT

Steampunk would have us believe that they date back to the Victorian era (1837 to 1901): I wish I had the talent and time to build artisitc things like that.

For those that can't afford the real thing, there's an app:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

If you have a different notion of how his statements should be interpreted, I'd be interested to read it. Was there an important contextual subtlety I missed? Please, I want to learn.

Reply to
bitrex

Trump ?

TTman

No, you're just a typical Democrat liar. You'd rather have a liar and criminal as President than a crass showman. We got that. You don't have to lie about your "reasoning".

Reply to
krw

Trump is a liar and a criminal as well as a crass showman. His claim never to have committed a sexual assault makes him a liar, and the sexual assaults he has committed make him a criminal.

He hasn't been charged or convicted for any of the assaults, but then again Hillary Clinton has never been charged or convicted or anything criminal, so clearly krw doesn't need an actual conviction before he brands somebody as criminal.

If he said that about a non-politician, he'd be sued for libel (if he's got enough money to be worth suing) but US law allows a public interest defence for lying about public figures.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Trump.

Reply to
Robert Baer

You've been hanging out with linguists, haven't you. Perhaps not all that recently.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to