waterproof connectors for well pump

Hi,

I noticed the well pump I'm replacing has heavy duty waterproof heatshrink on the wires, is this stuff available by the foot or only in small kits?

Also are there any other methods to wire the pump underwater that meet drinking water codes, ie waterproof connectors or solder seal heat shrink?

I just have one pump to wire but would like to avoid paying $30 for a small kit like this:

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

4ft lengths are common.

Looks like it's 3M dual wall clear heat shrink tubing. Mouser and probably others have 4ft lengths. Not sure which diameter is appropriate:

This might be cheaper and easier:

Dunno.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Not much more than the price of a back window!

Jamie M