Warning about the 2 dollar ebay USB sound cards

Warning about the 2 dollar ebay USB 'sound cards'

After damaging (destroying) a Sennheiser ear phone (and almost my ears), I thought it was time to type lsusb to see what it was in these things: lsusb Bus 004 Device 002: ID 1130:f211 Tenx Technology, Inc. TP6911 Audio Headset

So a TP6901 audio headset chip, now lets see what that is, from the online TP6901 pdf:

TP6911 USB Controller GENERAL DESCRIPTION The TP6911 is an 8-bit micro-controller embedded device tailored to the USB audio application. It is able to play two channels PC audio and record one channel voice through Full-Speed USB bus. FEATURE Compliance with the Universal Serial Bus specification v2.0 Full-Speed Built-in USB Transceiver and 3.3V Regulator Isochronous transfer with adaptive synchronization High performance 48KHz sampling rate for audio playback

24KHz sampling rate for voice recording
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Cydrome Leader