"...voters who can't be controlled, can't be trusted."

Of course! You should probably build walls on all sides. The rest of us will even help with the payments if you buy a package deal of four.

Y'know...to keep the "immigrants out."

Reply to
bitrex

It bears repeating - anyone who is stockpiling weapons when their neighbors aren't is planning an attack.

Of course wingnut gun-nuts can't be trusted. Duh!

Reply to
bitrex

You're one of those that rails against the "liberal media" because according to people like you they publish nothing but lies.

Yet, here you are, again, posting purely opinion trash. The excerpt you posted appears to have little or no objectivity. What a hypocrite you are.

So I suppose this is what happens when a person primarily reads extreme right or left wing opinion pieces.

Reply to
robertjong

I understand why you feel as you do, but I grew up in the South where many people have multiple guns. If you do not have some sort of adjustable chok e, you need a gun for ducks. A different one for pheasants, and another f or quail,doves and snipe. Add another gun for a deer rifle and maybe also a slug gun for places where rifles carry too far. You probably want a bigg er calliper for Elk and Moose. And maybe a varmint rifle for varmints. An d a .22 for target practise. And I have not even gotten into hand guns.

What we really ought to be doing is having car control. Cars kill a lot mo re people than guns.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

y people have multiple guns. If you do not have some sort of adjustable ch oke, you need a gun for ducks. A different one for pheasants, and another for quail,doves and snipe. Add another gun for a deer rifle and maybe als o a slug gun for places where rifles carry too far. You probably want a bi gger calliper for Elk and Moose. And maybe a varmint rifle for varmints. And a .22 for target practise. And I have not even gotten into hand guns.

more people than guns.

That's just a stupid diversion from the issue. The purpose of a gun is to k ill. The purpose of a car is for transportation. How many people use a car to intentionally kill? I'd say that's a very rare occurrence.

Why is it so damn hard to come to a rational consensus to prevent these mas s shootings? What are other developed nations doing? Why is this so prevale nt in the USA compared to similar countries? Sheesh it's not rocket science . Any idiot can tell you the solution to preventing mass shootings is to no t add more guns to the matter.

Reply to
robertjong

And the masses are so stupid they call those "accidents". Some are. Some show that the accident was handing the operator a license to begin with.

Reply to
Long Hair

Which is fine, right up until the point one starts boasting about the people one would like to gun down with them if given the proper opportunity.

When people make threats other people tend to take them seriously, it would be silly not to, and one is often judged by the company one keeps. If gun aficionados wish to be thought collectively as responsible persons then a part of the responsibility which comes with the power I'd say would be making an attempt at keeping one's own crew in check.

Articles like this don't really help, making it sound like every "lefitst" is hating on every person who wants to own a gun for target practice.

It looks real bad to offer unconditional support for every gun lover everywhere when I'm pretty sure there are ones that don't deserve it. I'm definitely not foolish enough to believe every Democrat is my pal.

Reply to
bitrex

Don't forget yourself and all the other snowflake lefties.

Reply to
krw

Bullshit.

More than *any* lefty.

Reply to
krw

Or reproductive control... far too many idiots are siring children... just think of a world heavily populated by bitrex-types >:-}

(BTW, "calliper" should be "caliber" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Utter nonsense.

Because you lefties have absolutely no interest in 1) anything rational 2) any consensus, or 3) preventing mass shootings.

Reply to
krw

many people have multiple guns. If you do not have some sort of adjustable choke, you need a gun for ducks. A different one for pheasants, and anot her for quail,doves and snipe. Add another gun for a deer rifle and maybe also a slug gun for places where rifles carry too far. You probably want a bigger calliper for Elk and Moose. And maybe a varmint rifle for varmints . And a .22 for target practise. And I have not even gotten into hand gun s.

ot more people than guns.

o kill. The purpose of a car is for transportation. How many people use a c ar to intentionally kill? I'd say that's a very rare occurrence.

Krw doesn't like the sentiment, but he can't actually identify what he find s wrong in it. It's actually a perfectly sensible observation, but krw habi tually imagines that anything he disagrees with is utterly wrong, and he do es seem to lack the capacity to work out why.

mass shootings?

Krw hasn't got a clue what might be rational, his idea of a consensus invol ves asking himself if he agrees with the proposition, and he hasn't noticed that all the other advanced industrial countries who do have gun control h ave many fewer mass shootings than the US, which doesn't.

Australia tightened up its gun control laws (and bought back some 650,000 g uns from the population at a cost of $350 million) after the 1996 Port Arth ur Massacre, and hasn't had a mass shooting since (defining a mass shooting as more than five dead by gun fire). Better gun control does seem to help, though it's not a total cure.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ny people have multiple guns. If you do not have some sort of adjustable c hoke, you need a gun for ducks. A different one for pheasants, and anothe r for quail,doves and snipe. Add another gun for a deer rifle and maybe al so a slug gun for places where rifles carry too far. You probably want a b igger calliper for Elk and Moose. And maybe a varmint rifle for varmints. And a .22 for target practise. And I have not even gotten into hand guns.

more people than guns.

Actually calibre, but Dan and Jim write American English and don't know abo ut the word's derivation from French.

Since Jim has published his plans to start shooting his more left wing neig hbours when the US starts falling apart, he's clearly a potential terrorist and his blood line is clearly equally suspect (by Jim's own logic - in rea lity kids get only half their genes from either parent, and the chance that they will be nuts in Jim's peculiar fashion isn't high).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Dan Hodges made an interesting observation a couple of years ago: "In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate. Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over."

Personally I'm awaiting the first murder by a non-government drone. I expect it will be followed by "drones don't kill people, people kill people".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

many people have multiple guns. If you do not have some sort of adjustable choke, you need a gun for ducks. A different one for pheasants, and anot her for quail,doves and snipe. Add another gun for a deer rifle and maybe also a slug gun for places where rifles carry too far. You probably want a bigger calliper for Elk and Moose. And maybe a varmint rifle for varmints . And a .22 for target practise. And I have not even gotten into hand gun s.

ot more people than guns.

o kill. The purpose of a car is for transportation. How many people use a c ar to intentionally kill? I'd say that's a very rare occurrence.

What's nonsense? The part about a gun's purpose is to kill, that cars are r arely used to intentionally kill, or your own response?

mass shootings?

Clueless. Illiterate.

Reply to
robertjong

The hotair article is about the kind of narcissistic ramble you'd expect from an author on that site and the people who are into it; a dozen kids dead and all they have to say about it is to whine and complain about how they're the actual "victims." "But what about _me_..."

Reply to
bitrex

Idiot. They're used to save life, as well as take it. They're used on paper far more often than living things (can't kill paper, BTW).

Willfully stupid. Blind.

Reply to
krw

He was right but for the wrong reason. It made it clear that the left had no interest is solving a problem that they could use (unsuccessfully) as a political weapon.

I'm sure that's true. You're just waiting for someone else to die for your political purposes.

Reply to
krw

Well I'm sorry, but that's precisely what they do. For example, within hours of the Florida school shooting, the Liberal media were claiming that the shooter was a white nationalist - despite none of the victims being black! Only later do we find out the truth - that he was not aligned with *any* right wing movement:

Well I for one at least find Jim's postings both informing and entertaining and if you don't like what he has to say I suggest you simply don't read his posts. Don't deprive the rest of us of valuable insight in your all-consuming quest to crush any dissenting opinion.

Nonsense.

Cursitor Doom

Yep, and likewise knives.

Cursitor Doom