Voltage to square wave

Use the VCO in the 4046 phase lock loop, it might drift a bit

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hi.

I am looking for a way to convert 1V into 100Hz and 10V in to 1KHz respectively. Does anyone have any simple idea's on how I might do this?

Regards

AJ

Reply to
AJ

Google for "voltage-to-frequency converter." National Semiconductor makes a chip... I forget what it's called.

Reply to
mc

In message , dated Thu,

17 Aug 2006, AJ writes

Google for 'voltage-controlled oscillator'.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

V-to-F (Voltage-to-Frequency) converter.

...Jim Thompson

Thanks guys, just found the LM231..... Don't know how I missed it, does just what im after.

Regards

AJ

Reply to
AJ

That is the industrial temperature range part - -25C to +85C. The LM331 is the coomercial part 0C to 70C. Cheaper, and much easier to get. Farnell stocks the LM331 and LM331AN, but not the LM231.

You might want to check out the Analog Devices web-site - search for "voltage-to-frequency converter". See

for an informative tutorial paper.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to