Voltage Regulators

In my country, the electricity generation and distribution provided by nation grid system is not sufficient and as a result the mains voltage drops down to 50 V r m s in certain regions where the norminal standard is 220V rms. Relay Type Voltage Regulators are widedly used by local people to step up the voltage to desired level around 220. In my opinion, the increased in numbers of using the Voltage Regulators is making the whole system to become more unstable. And I am thinking about a better solution for the power system instead of using Voltage Regulators. Any Suggesstions?

Regards

Reply to
Myauk