Voltage booster-interesting problem

Hi, to all,

I have interesting problem that might someone give me an idea.

On entrance I have signal 10 V amplitude, 10 us width with 2 us rise time and 2 us fall time.Dead time is 15 us. I need it to put on the level from 100V amplitude and the same rise and fall time. Signal suppose to be the same but on this amplitude. My power supply source is asynrhonous 135 V DC. Out put current supose to be up to 1 A.

I receive some idea but they not guite good. Does anyone have some solution or have some schematics how to do it?

Regards Zdenko

Reply to
Zdenko

Whats it for?

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."

1) What do you mean, the output current of your design, or the output current of the asynchronous supply?
2) What ideas have you already received, and in what way were they not good? I would hate to waste your time by suggesting more not good ideas. 3) If the max current output of the circuit is not 1 A, then what is it? We need to know what the load is like if we are going to drive it at 50 V/us (more or less). 4) Does one side of the load have to be grounded? It might be easiest to connect one side of the load to a high voltage, and put a switch to ground on the other side, but this might not be permissible in your application.

I have a couple of ideas, so please answer my questions and I will try not to waste too much of your time.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

There are many good ways to accomplish your task, but choosing one requires more info. For example, Apex makes power opamps that can easily handle your requirement, but they're expensive. Power MOSFET switches can do the job easily, but without slow-down provisions they may be too fast. They'll also require that you add a supply regulator to get 100V from your 135V source. Have you considered capacitance, which usually plays a strong role in pulse circuitry? To strongly drive the output both to 100V and to ground, use two 200V n-channel FETs, such as IRF630 or IRF630N, with an IR half-bridge driver, such as IR2104 or IR2113,

You can add gate resistors to slow down the rise and fall time from the 50ns or so you'll have with these parts. Although they quickly switch the output voltages, these high-voltage drivers have about 0.7us of turn-on delay; there are other parts and techniques you can use if this is a problem.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win