Vista could be declared illegal in Europe ;-)

Vista could be declared illegal in Europe ;-)

Jan Panteltje

From what I have read about Vista I made a conscious decision not to go that route, at least for now. If all that holds true it seems that they might indeed run into big trouble in Europe. Almost like speeding down the very same road where they already got a painful speed ticket before and where they know the cop sits waiting behind the bush with his radar gun. Reminds me of the movie "American Graffity" where they tied the rear axle of a police cruiser to a lamp post and then drove by at full speed.

--
Regards, Joerg  (shaking head)

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:24:37 GMT) it happened Joerg wrote in :

I have seen that one :-) I also like 'The Blues Brothers' for some good car wracking.

Billy has been to Europe several times, and had dinner with the relevant politician[s]. Big money plays here, no idea what they worked out between soup and desert.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The more I read about Vista, the more I'm thinking to go Linux totaly. If I start shaking my head about old uncle Billy, I may never can stop again. Whenever he complains about illegal copying I don't know what to do. Should I laugh or cry? He became rich by illegal copying. Microsoft has his own records of it. Remember Stacker for instance. Besides MS came to their current monopoly by the widespread use of copied MSDOS and Windows. Still wishes their software to be at least as good as their marketing.

It does not help much here to tie a patrol car to a lamp post. They simply note your license plate number and send the bill by snail mail.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

I saw an article or ad for Vista this weekend, and they kept touting "better security".

I wonder if that means security from internet attack by intruders, or security for the media producers, by locking everything down?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria