Visio logic symbols

Does anyone know of a location from which to download simple logic
symbol shapes for Visio (and gate, or gate, etc)?

Re: Visio logic symbols

I have Visio 2003, a search for gates bought it all up.

Re: Visio logic symbols

I have 2003, Standard Version.  I don't see any place to search for
shpes.

Re: Visio logic symbols

   Bill Gates??

Re: Visio logic symbols

I'm still running visio 2000, but those shape are build in already to
the stock libraries so I assume 2003 should have them already.
I do remember they were a pain to find though. I guess I think more like
a schematic (PADS, OrCAD etc) person than a MS Visio person.

On 5/17/2007 5:11 PM, The digits of Richard Henry's hands composed the
following:

Re: Visio logic symbols

On May 17, 4:50 pm, Hawker

I remember them from earlier versions available at a previous
employer.  Maybe I should ask IT for an upgrade.

Or maybe it's just M$ following the evolutionary path of all their
software from the BS/CS users to the MBA users.

Re: Visio logic symbols

   Yes, their software *is* BS.

Re: Visio logic symbols

  More like a baer just shit in the Usenet woods.

  Nice job of stinking up the place, retard baer.

Re: Visio logic symbols

  You're just a baer assed liar, as usual.

Re: Visio logic symbols

Nothing personal, but why use an inadequate tool to do what LTSpice does
quickly easily and natively, and best of all, for free.
--
 JosephKK
Re: Visio logic symbols

Under Visio 2003 Professional, go to File -> Shapes -> Electrical
Engineering -> Analog and Digital Logic (US Units).  Not sure about
other versions of Visio, but I believe basic gates are included in just
about all of them.

Re: Visio logic symbols

This is great help, Neil, and I would like to add that if one follows your
instructions and then places a "Logic Gate 2" in their drawing, they can
right-click and configure the gate to appear as an AND gate, OR gate, etc., with
a variable number of ports.

Re: Visio logic symbols

instructions and then places a "Logic Gate 2" in their drawing, they can
right-click and configure the gate to appear as an AND gate, OR gate, etc., with
a variable number of ports.

I have a cheat-sheet of symbols

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53724080/Visio/_Parts_1.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53724080/Visio/_Parts_1.vsd

that I drag/drop into drawings. It sort of grows over time.

Visio does pretty good line work into Word. .EMF files seem to work
best.

Visio 2002 doesn't seem to have the EE shapes.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
Re: Visio logic symbols
John Larkin a crit :
instructions and then places a "Logic Gate 2" in their drawing, they can
right-click and configure the gate to appear as an AND gate, OR gate, etc., with
a variable number of ports.

I was given a visio license a few months ago, but never got to install it.

Is that easy enough to use, WRT the infamous word drawing tools, to
justify the trouble of installing it?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Re: Visio logic symbols

instructions and then places a "Logic Gate 2" in their drawing, they can
right-click and configure the gate to appear as an AND gate, OR gate, etc., with
a variable number of ports.

I have Visio sitting on the shelf... given to me... not installed.  I
can't see a value for it.  It doesn't netlist.  PSpice Schematics
does.  I can print directly from PSpice to a PNG or BMP or PS, all
easily importable into a DOC file, so Visio is superfluous.

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO                            |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |
instructions and then places a "Logic Gate 2" in their drawing, they can
right-click and configure the gate to appear as an AND gate, OR gate, etc., with
a variable number of ports.

Yes I do that too but I, from time to time, have to do crude conceptual
mechanical drawings, flow diags, synoptics, which aren't so easy with a
schematic tool. And the word drawing tools are just a pos.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Re: Visio logic symbols

instructions and then places a "Logic Gate 2" in their drawing, they can
right-click and configure the gate to appear as an AND gate, OR gate, etc., with
a variable number of ports.

I might do that, to conceptualize some signal flows... maybe I should
install it... customers like pretty pictures better than good
specifications ;-)

I have always been a block diagram conceptualizer kind of person...
got me an "F" is a Pascal class I took for my own edification at the
local community college many years ago.

The instructor (female) insisted on "outlining", which I couldn't cope
with.  I always ended up with a good, working program, but she cut
points off.

Since I was only interested in learning, not needing a grade, I
skipped the final ;-)

This is the case I wrote of many years ago... got a letter from the
Dean, named Shirley something or other, expressing concern for my
"academic future".

I wrote back, "Surely Shirley..." >;-}  pointing out that she should
have looked over my records... I already had my Masters ;-)

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO                            |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |

Its great for flow charts.

Cheers

Re: Visio logic symbols

Actually, most schematics CAD does this nicely. I use Eagle and create
most of my mechanical sketches with it as well, also flow charts and
stuff. I've got a 3D mech CAD software but for some reason I can't
really get the hang of it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: Visio logic symbols

instructions and then places a "Logic Gate 2" in their drawing, they can
right-click and configure the gate to appear as an AND gate, OR gate, etc., with
a variable number of ports.

I found it very easy to use, unlike most CAD-type drawing programs.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com