Video amplifier IC

I'm trying to remember the name of a video amplifier IC - it's an old Motorola chip and I recall that the internal circuit was basically a common emitter feedback triple with a pin for external compensation. MC????

Reply to
Bitrex

uA733?

John

Possibly this one of mine...

...Jim Thompson

Good guess! The 592 has separate input emitter current sources so you can add a cap to differentiate or to handle large input offset voltages:

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Thanks, but I don't think that's it. The one I'm trying to remember had a bigger bandwidth (~50 mHz IIRC) and was single ended all the way through.

Reply to
Bitrex

That's the one!

Reply to
Bitrex

That's NOT a feedback triple as Bitrex asked. This is...

...Jim Thompson

It was easy for me to remember. I always thought that DC Q-point scheme of mine was rather elegant ;-) ...Jim Thompson

MC733, maybe? The NE592 was similar but would work down to lower gain.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

MC733, maybe? The NE592 was similar but would work down to lower gain.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I was thinking of that configuration today for some reason but I couldn't remember the name or where I saw it - I recall now. It was in a YouTube video on analog IC design...there's actually an analysis of it here at 39 minutes in.

Bitrex

MC????

Hilarious! But it's not "lag" at that compensation point, it's "pole-splitting.

Also my MC4024 (and related PECL devices)...

...Jim Thompson

Well,well, remids me of the first satellite receiver I designed using the

592
Reply to
TTman

That was EXACTLY my thought also.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Except that it's NOT, as the OP requested, "...basically a common emitter feedback triple with a pin for external compensation." ...Jim Thompson