Veterans, Thanks you for your service

Thank you to all veterans for your service to our great country. A special thanks to Micheal A Terrell.

Reply to
amdx

and thank you for remembering veterans. So many forget what (we) veterans did and continue to do: protect the people's rights to freedom.

Reply to
PeterD

Some specific veterans:

In memory of my high school friend, Peanut Girouard, captain of my bowling team:

My great uncle Ralph Henry appears in this list from WWI as one of the Privates killed in action:

My great-grandfather Charles Corliss and most of his family (one more child was born after the photo was taken), with his third wife. He was wounded in the Civil War and ended up deaf. My grandmother is the small girl seated next to him in the high chair.

Richard Henry

Broken links fixed?

Richard Henry

Yes, Thank You, Veterans. Where would we be if not for your sacrifices and hardships.

Amen. Too many people forget what they have done, and even more still forget those that gave their lives in the name of Freedom.

My father served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. He spent 2 years in the Navy and

20 in the Army. He seldom ever talked about Vietnam (understandable), a little bit about Korea (cold and wet, and hot and wet), and a fair amount about WWII. I guess that's where I get my interest in WWII.

As such, Memorial Day has special meaning to me.

He passed away 23 years ago. May his Eternal Sleep forever be Undisturbed.

You earned it, Dad. And Thank You again from your family, and all who choose to remember your sacrifices, ordeals, and willingness to give your life that others may know Peace and Freedom. And Thank You to all the Veterans, both Sleeping and Awake, who have done the same. I salute you.

--
Thomas Barlet
Alive by The Grace of God, Free by The Gift of Veterans.

I think we can expand that a bit and say not just for the country but for Mankind. Every year at this time, there is a crowd in Belgium at the graveyards of Americans.

Reply to
MooseFET

Thank you. There is nothing special about me being a Veteran, other than the willingness to tell people what we put up with. Others have suffered more, and many gave their lives for a country that would rather go to 'Memorial day sales' or the beach than remember their sacrifices.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Unfortunately, that includes congresscritter rights and WA DC elite rights to royally f*ck up the economy and the "constitution" )which appears to be no longer in service).

Reply to
Robert Baer

They made it 'living and breathing' and it died.

G=B2

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach