Very OT: PCV valves in cars, without springs?

I would say that's all a very good excuse for an Italian tune-up!

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

That is my plan except we have that dreaded 65mph speed limit in the US. In Germany an hour on the autobahn pedal-to-the-metal would be easy to do (cars there are usually full-throttle proof). On a Sunday afternoon when all the others are sitting in front of their TV watching soccer.

We've go tough hills around here but in the end you always have to come back down and that's where everything cools way down.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Some feedback: Installed a new PCV valve, gave it the "Italian tune-up", fresh oil and filter right before the test, got it nice and hot right before. It passed HC with flying colors but ... failed NOX at 15mph while passing with huge margin at 25mph. I ran out of time due to a job so I asked the shop to diagnose and clean whatever may be clogged. They found some dirty EGR paths and a gunky EGR sensor filter. They cleaned all that and it passed everything with huge margins. Pretty good for a

21 year old car.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

We have 65mph limits around here, too... but no one pays them any attention... not even the COPs... need to keep the traffic moving.

Around noon drove to Ahwatukee and back 80+/-1mph ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I drove the Toyota pretty hard but mostly in the mountains where I was mostly alone. Though you have to be careful, in some areas they may not find you for huors or days if you fail to negotiate a turn.