Very high gain transformerless boost converter - is it possible - Page 5

Re: Very high gain transformerless boost converter - is it possible
Wow. I invented the thing (not first though) and can't find the Spice file right now. I guess I'll have to make another one.

I actually posted a hand drawing of it back when I had hosting. Someone replied with a Spice file. I remember it.

I'll get to it.

Re: Very high gain transformerless boost converter - is it possible

Agreed, not much work anyways, winding takes a few minutes, have some Ecores ready.
At high frequencies the cores can be small.
I have those in stock in several sizes.
I did an about 60 W just a while back for a push pull piezo driver, 2 MOSFETs,
12 to 16 V in, 400 Vpp out, 44 kHz.
Controller is  PIC, using the hardware PWM outputs, sensing, frequency select, OLED display, menu,
Parts just a few Euro.

Inductors are fun.
And any RF means inductors anyways.

Re: Very high gain transformerless boost converter - is it possible
Hey guys. I made a simulation of the 2 stage boost converter idea using LTS
pice. The simulation shows an efficiency of 91% with 120 Watts output power
 at a nominal 400 volt output. I selected capacitors, diodes and MOSFETS fo
r each of the boost stages but haven't selected the inductors yet. Let me k
now what you think, is this efficiency too good to be true? here is the lin
k to the LTSpice schematic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ty1b9tcsxka2xsf/LT375
8A%20cascaded%20two%20stage%20400V%20boost.asc?dl=0

This is a school project for me and i don't need to actually build it but i
t would be very fun to actually prototype it. There's more i have to do but
 i'll get onto that next with your advice again.

Re: Very high gain transformerless boost converter - is it possible
TSpice. The simulation shows an efficiency of 91% with 120 Watts output pow
er at a nominal 400 volt output. I selected capacitors, diodes and MOSFETS
for each of the boost stages but haven't selected the inductors yet. Let me
 know what you think, is this efficiency too good to be true? here is the l
ink to the LTSpice schematic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ty1b9tcsxka2xsf/LT3
758A%20cascaded%20two%20stage%20400V%20boost.asc?dl=0
 it would be very fun to actually prototype it. There's more i have to do b
ut i'll get onto that next with your advice again.

capacitor C11 is: https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/871-B32774P6475K000

Re: Very high gain transformerless boost converter - is it possible
On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 13:42:21 -0700 (PDT), Nomadic Electron

Here's your 2-stage boost with Win's idea of using a single controller
chip:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/anl2ptvf2lnbsei/boost_WJ.asc?dl=0

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: Very high gain transformerless boost converter - is it possible
Thanks heaps I'll look at it tomorrow

Site Timeline