Very high gain transformerless boost converter - is it possible

fredag den 7. september 2018 kl. 20.34.41 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

variable ratio, clutch and forward-reverse all in one

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The wheel drive on my snow blower works like that.. rubber disc and rubber rimmed driven wheel. It works the same way with the disc always spinning.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Hey guys. I made a simulation of the 2 stage boost converter idea using LTS pice. The simulation shows an efficiency of 91% with 120 Watts output power at a nominal 400 volt output. I selected capacitors, diodes and MOSFETS fo r each of the boost stages but haven't selected the inductors yet. Let me k now what you think, is this efficiency too good to be true? here is the lin k to the LTSpice schematic:

This is a school project for me and i don't need to actually build it but i t would be very fun to actually prototype it. There's more i have to do but i'll get onto that next with your advice again.

Reply to
Nomadic Electron

TSpice. The simulation shows an efficiency of 91% with 120 Watts output pow er at a nominal 400 volt output. I selected capacitors, diodes and MOSFETS for each of the boost stages but haven't selected the inductors yet. Let me know what you think, is this efficiency too good to be true? here is the l ink to the LTSpice schematic:

it would be very fun to actually prototype it. There's more i have to do b ut i'll get onto that next with your advice again.

capacitor C11 is:

Nomadic Electron

Here's your 2-stage boost with Win's idea of using a single controller chip:

lunatic fringe electronics

Thanks heaps I'll look at it tomorrow

Reply to
Nomadic Electron