using NOPPP, the "No-Parts" PIC Programmer on xp

hi all ref:-

is it possible to use this programmer on xp?.there is a software on the above page but it is in spanish.(by Miguel Sandro Lucero).and another one ment for 9x systems

can i use above 9x software by using windows xp compatability wizard.will it work?(i can open this softawre in xp.but dono what will happen while programming). or is there any other software which works on xp.(i want XT,watch dog timer options in the program)

ay ideas help pls thanks

Reply to
firoz16

hi thanks for ur reply.i found some sites by googling.but dono which one works perfectly.

first one is modified version.can i use it.which one is best. help pls thanks

Reply to
fever

You could try IC-Prog. I use it under XP with the JDM Programmer and it works OK. It doesn't support NOPPP directly but you should be able to get it to work by using the Tait programmer option.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Last I checked that thing still wouldn't do 16f648, though it'd do

628s. It didn't do 16f88s, either. Last I checked, none of the free burners written for windows did.
--
Best Regards,
Mike

There is a fix that allows longer cables. However, the importance of a longer cord to the TLVP is near zero for newbies or hackers who switch to serial programming via a bootloader.

As far as I can tell newbies and hackers go to serial programming quickly, and really serious production work benefits from industrial programmers.

-----------------------

A couple of days ago I built Byron's TLVP programmer. Using ICProg105c it works great for the 16F877A and is soooo simple (one 74hc573, one resistor, one cap). (BTW HITECH PICLITE integrated into MPLAB is * s p e c t a c u l a r * and *FREE*)

Reply to
John

thanks. but the problem is my noppp is almost completed.insted of using other programmers,first i want to test this with noppp9x software

can i use it by windows xp compatibility wizard?

Reply to
fever

I did mine with a 74HCT04, a 2n3904 or 2n2222, a 78xx regulator and

3 diodes. No need to mess with LVP with such a trivial parts list.

Whatever you do, if you go parallel, I'd suggest terminating the parallel cable at the burner. They were lamenting about cable length on Byron's THVP/TLVP forum. I'm using a 6 ft cable with no problems. Dunno if that's a prob with serial.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

The modified version would probably be best. I have had some problems with the '628 using the standard circuit. I didn't know of that mod, so I'll try it for myself.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

IC-Prog now supports the 16F88 and the 16F648A.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

GIVEIO

Will virtually map out the LPT ports under xp. I uses it with FPP with good results.

Martin Riddle

I plan to get mine doing multiple chips. And I like to get it to do voltage testing. I've already hacked into some open source burner code. I want a program with a text file so I can add chips easily.

The only prob I have with *my* HVP (not the THVP) is that ICProg never could read the data, but some other burnerProg could.

I used the Conquest Burner Hardware setting and I don't know what pin it expects read data on. Or maybe I found it and forgot :) IIRC mine is connected to LPT pin 14 or 10.

Which settings do you use for ICProg/TLVP and what's the read pin?

I know, but I haven't used it. I wonder if it would it help with and work with dsPIC? Hmmm. I'm not sure whether uChip has separate tools for those or not.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Nice.

It's not in front of me, but I know MCLR was not inverted, I selected Tait Serial, (w/ Tait Parallel IC-Prog didn't allow data & code verification) and I forget the rest. I will look at the settings tonight. I think read is on PC pin 10 (from RB3/PGM through the input side of the 74hc573), right?

r *

I'm not sure how dsPIC is supported. My version of PICLITE supports 10 PIC processors with the 16F877a being the most capable. It also caps code space to 2k in the 16f877a, has no printf formatting for long floats, allows only 2 banks of code with the 16f877a, and a few other limitations.

Nevertheless, stepping through disassembled C code with breakpoints, watch varibles, etc is a splendid educational environment. I haven't fiddled with hardware simulation yet (like set a pin), but for learning about ML and the PIC way, it's pretty darn cool. I wonder how many folks looking at PIC or AVR know how rich this environment is (I haven't touched AVR, just glanced at AVR-GCC)? For learning and up to

2k of stuff on the 16f877a, it seems hard to beat. My only concern is that I'll want HI-TECH's full blown compiler some day :-) .

Question: the dsPIC ... couldn't that be used as a general purpose processor? What do the dsPICs lack over a 16f877a (besides code and data word size and capacities).

Reply to
John

That looks like what I wired in. ICProg never could read it from there using the conquest settings and I don't think tail worked. That's why I'd like to write my own. I'd have the pin assignments in the config file, also.

I have a feeling the software for AVR is better. I noticed PonyProg is the thing at least at avrfreaks.com. I think that's attractive since there's not so many half-assed burners and harware to confuse the beginner.

I haven't dig deeply, but the dsPIC has some kind of dsp core, so I assume it's harware "optimized" for dsp. I bet it has the typical PIC RISC set with extras for the dsp.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

can i run noppp9x on xp with compatible wizard? thanks

Reply to
fever

I don't think so. Someone left a clue about giveio. You need a driver like that.

--
Best Regards,
Mike