USB Microscopes for PCB inpesction

Can anyone recommend a USB microscope for PCB inspection, something around $100, I have a couple I'm considering

this one

and this one

panfilero

$100, I have a couple I'm considering

I have an older Version (Veho VMS-001) of the last one, has less Megapixels. Works nicely for similar purposes but does forget its driver every time it's unplugged. That is a bit of a nuisance but I learned to live with it, I let it re-install every time. Sometimes I get better pics using external lighting instead of the built-in LEDs.

What I really like is the working distance mine allows, several inches.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

First, make sure you can actually get the necessary drivers for your preferred computer platform. many of these microscopes use oddball imager chips that may not have universal driver availability. Especially for Linux - don't ask how I know this.

Then, make sure you know what frame rate you can get. There were some that would only give very low res images at 30 FPS, otherwise you got

2 FPS or so at the full resolution.

And, my guess is both of these are pretty poor units with plastic optics, and may not produce images anywhere near the quality of the "sample pictures" they show.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson