USB-B jack with common mode choke?

Gents,

Does anyone remember a manufacturer that makes through-hole USB-B jacks with common mode chokes in there? Preferably with a metal flap that can also be grounded against a front panel.

Came upon a situation where they didn't place CM chokes on the board, trying to see if it can be remedied sans relayout.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I had just been using a ferrite bead and passing the USB D- and D+ lines both through it.

Reply to
Oppie

Looks very tight in our case but that's an idea. Maybe we can find a really flat bead.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

"Joerg" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Hi Joerg,

You can also use the same solution that the trick used in plenty of, well, east-designed products : ship it with a USB cable with a built-in ferrite bead on the device side. That way the "product" is the cable+device kit, and your EMC certification will pass without problem. Of course your customer may have issue if he use another USB cable, but that's no longer your problem ;+)

Friendly yours, Robert Lacoste www.alciom;com

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

A big ferrite over the whole cable isn't helping, just a tiny ferrite over only D+ and D- (together, or course) is what helps. Haven't found any cable that has those. If anyone knows a source I am all ears.

--
Cordialement, Joerg