USB 8-ch logic analyzer not recognized

This is the kind of logic analyzer pod I am trying to use:

However, Sigrok PulseView does not recognize it per the procedure stated in the above link (at about 40% scroll-down). Neither with the fx2lafw driver nor any other. Is there another way to at least find out if the analyzer pod works?

Is there another software that has serial protocol decoding and works with these little analyzers? AFAICT Bitscope won't.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Are you using linux? There is some comment on that page about getting the right linux drivers. (Getting the right driver in the right place seems to often be the problem. at least for me.. )

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That would be the next step, using in on a Linux laptop at the lab bench. For now I want to start it on a Windows 7 PC for a test. Sigrok PulseView has the fx2lafw driver listed on a device pulldown menu, probably that was installed right with the program. It doesn't complain when I click on it but when I then continue to "Scan for devices" there is nothing, no reaction.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Well, lo and behold on the Linux laptop it decided to run! Not on Windows, there it's not even recognized as a connected device at all.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

It is probably one of those tetchy windows driver things that if you install the hardware before the software (or vice versa) can result in the wrong generic USB driver getting in the way of the correct one.

Looking in device manager to see what is loaded and whether it thinks it has loaded correctly might allow a fix. Sometimes the only cure is to go into the registry with a flint axe but set a restore point first and if paranoid or it contains valuable data back up the machine as well.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

I am probably not going to do the flint axe thing. The Linux laptop did the job nicely, decoding serial data on the fly and all. There, I didn't have to install any driver, just "sudo apt-get install sigrok" and that was it. Plugged in the device and it promptly showed up as a Saleae analyzer.