UPS carrier for Newark (Problems)

I've been having problems dealing with UPS the preferred carrier for Newark. Some typical problems for UPS next day air ; turns in to five days, shipped to the wrong town, they do actually get it here on time but the delivery contractors don't want to send a courier to my end of town until the next day.

I called Newark up and tried to get estimates on an alternate carrier Purolator, but there customer service wasn't too helpful. Purolator is the most reliable in my town this is who Digikey ships with, here anyway (Ontario, Canada). I don't typically need next day air. This is pretty well a joke with UPS anyways.

Does anyone use an alternate carrier with Newark and if so; forgive my ignorance but how do you go about getting a price on delivery? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
Hammy

Can't tell you but the United States Postal Service is pretty good. They've got flat rate boxes that are fairly large and cost a very small amount and they get there in the continental U.S. within two days.

Around here we call UPS by it's true name, Shit wrapped in Chiffon.