Unknown Filter Type

I have "inherited" the following filter: Yn = Yn-1 + C1(Xn-Xn-1)^2 - C1(Xn-Xn-1)(Yn-1) C1 is a constant (in this case, C1 = 1/5) Xi is always > Xi-1

I don't know what type filter this is, other than it is used for smoothing. Does anyone recognize the form of this filter, and understand the theory?

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon

It appears to produce a resulting y that converges on 2/(C1) with the stdev of y as 2*stdev(x). Curious.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to