!Unbelievable Disaster in the Making!

Standby to get ripped off to the max! This idiot is going to privatize every last bit of the traditionally government operated infrastructure. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how this is going to play out:

Probably have to pay a toll to use the sidewalk!

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

He plan doesn't really make sense. Instead of paying for infrastructure, the idea is to give tax incentives to private companies so they will invest in infrastructure.

First, we are still paying for it just through tax incentives rather than with tax money. To pay for the tax incentives we will have to raise taxes, no?

Second, Trump is very familiar with government programs that pay too much to get too little. His father and to a lesser extent, himself were beneficiaries of such programs, getting paid large sums to put up housing at a lower cost. Do you really think we got a good deal on that?

Third, the plan says the government pays $137 billion in tax incentives and gets $1 Trillion in infrastructure, leaving $863 Billion for the companies to invest from their own pockets. Obviously they will expect something in return... tool revenue, the better part of a Trillion dollars in toll revenue!

So how does this plan make any sense at all? To me it is like leasing a car. I never own it, I just get a permanent monthly payment and still have to pay for all the maintenance.

--

Rick C
Reply to

OH, can I get a bike path to run by my house? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

every last bit of the traditionally government operated infrastructure. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how this is going to play out:

I think the idiot said they are going to borrow 1000-167=833 Billion$ for the project and the collateral obviously has to be the future income gener ated i.e. tolls, monthly fees, whatever other kinds of billing makes sense. ..The track record on these so-called private-public "partnerships" in infr astructure is NOT good, it is NOT good at all.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You can killfile bloggs, and miss nothing cogent. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Jim Thompson's definition of "cogent" includes "agreeing with Jim Thompson's preconceptions".

I don't label him as Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson" for nothing, and his enthusiasm for kill-filing people who don't agree with him is one of the ways he preserves his isolation from reality.

Fred Bloggs is idiosyncratic, but he tends to post sensible stuff - one may not like it, but it is almost always informative.

Jim Thompson's posts tend to inform us about Jim Thompson's sate of mind, which is a less constructive use of bandwidth.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yeah, maybe. But maybe not. It depends. This article illustrates how flexible Trump can be.

Reply to
Buddy L

If I had a potential client that treated a project specification like that, I sure wouldn't take them on as a client. The phrase "client from hell" springs to mind.

Reply to
Tom Gardner