Uk - test equipment and customs charges?

Just ordered new on Ebay a cheap DSOscilloscope ~£300, source is China via Hong Kong - delivery expected approx 14 days post via DHL or similar

- just wondered what can be expected as far as customs charges into UK or whether they bother with stuff like this, I have had meters etc and not had any charges but those were much cheaper than this is - others must have been down this route! Thanks ...

Reply to
Charlie+

I am guessing that will be big enough both physically and on the value for customs declaration that they won't ignore it so you will probably get stung for an extra handling charge plus 20% VAT at the border.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

20% on =A3300 plus shipping, plus =A320 or so handling charge
Reply to
cbarn24050

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 06:22:44 -0700 (PDT), cbarn24050 wrote as underneath my scribble :

Thanks for the info folks C+

Reply to
Charlie+