typical power consumption of a 50 inch plasma TV

SD slot and 3D are great for nasa stereo pictures. Kind of like a Kodak Viewmaster but $1k more expensive.

Reply to
ChesterW

I have a older pioneer plasma, 427 model number, 42 inch. Draws about 500W peak, probably 300W average

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Hasn't the manufacture of plasma sets been banned? ...Jim Thompson

Our 2007ish Panasonic 42" plasma TV draws just under 500W, with any sort of picture. The 2011 Panasonic 42" Plasma TV only draws 150W. I still like plasma TVs, though they're pretty much antiques, now.

Reply to
krw

My TV went out energy saver went out my TV will not come back on any suggestions?

Reply to
harriszannaka

Yes. I specifically suggest the electronics.repair group, and that you include things like make & model of the TV and the energy saver.

Some of us on this group know how to repair things, but we lean heavily toward design engineers -- and a good proportion of us (myself included) are the kind to be head-deep into a piece of malfunctioning equipment before we realize that the power cord is unplugged.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

What? What does the "energy saver" have to do with it? Have you tried using the power button on the set rather than the remote? Read the manual? A friend had an old CRT set that would sometimes get messed up and you had to unplug the power for some time to allow the microprocessor to reset. Leave the set unplugged for a half hour or more, then try it?

--

Rick C
Reply to

Toss it and get a modern "TV" (display/monitor functions included).

Reply to
Robert Baer

I have a 10 year old Pioneer plasma. At one time I was worried about the 350W peak power dissipation, and installed a new high end Panasonic LED

I had to install the old plasma again, was very disappointed with the blackness level and sound quality of the LED

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

OTOH, I replaced a Panasonic plasma with a Samsung series-9000 SUHD TV a year ago. I recently took the plasma out of the box and set it up in my office and the picture is totally washed out, compared to the Samsung.

Reply to
krw