tv from UK to Belgium

Hi I recently ;oved fro; the Uk to belgim with a Panasonic TX 32LXD52

cable tv won't work and they told me to connect it through a dvd recorder but I still can't get it to it to work. Can anyone help me?

thanks!

Reply to
barbagallo_a

You need a to upgrade your software

*-spellchecker

Sound to me like Frenchies running the operation

Can you say "incompatible"?

Reply to
JeffM

Last i heard UK was PAL and Belgium was SECAM. You need a transverter (translater / converter in a single package). Or if you can afford it buy a local set, it may be about the same price as a transverter.

--
 JosephKK
 Click to see the full signature

In the 90's I regularly watched Belgian stations on a PAL set sold in Germany so it's not SECAM. Don't know if the PAL used in the UK is exactly the same as on the continent.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:08:41 GMT) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Yes, Belgium had PAL, so does the Netherlands, but I vaguely remember the sound carrier for BBC is different (6.5Mhz offset and FM perhaps, not sure?) versus 5.5 MHz offset FM for Netherlands, Germany, in ANALOG TV.

He should just buy a new TV or whatever locally. In case it is not analog it is all the same, as in digital the sound is normally just mp2 format packets in the digital transport stream. They are starting with surround too.

I could get BBC analog if conditions were good, but no sound. I have no longer any analog antenna up..

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Does their weather man still mention on cold winter days whether "Menneken Piss" in Brussels is able to do its job?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:49:25 GMT) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Manneke Piss, I have seen him in Brussels ;-) Have not watched Belgian TV for ages, at least for me, I use digital satellite TV now, I have a motorised dish, and get about 6 or more strong satellites, total of several hundred free programs in almost as many ( :-) ) languages, for example German, Dutch, English, Greek, Chinese, Russian, several East European languages, French, Arabic stations, we even have relayed South American stations here (Chile etc), Cuba I have seen, only absent here is the US, although some German station did carry CBS talk shows IIRC. We have HDTV now making its inroads, surround sound, hundreds of radio channels. I would be daft to get cable or put up an analog antenna to watch the 3 only analog Dutch stations.... and the Dutch TV on satellite is pay TV, you need a card, so result: have not watched Dutch TV for years, guess what: missed nothing (HINT to Dutch TV go FTA (Free To Air). Same movies make their way from country to country it seems. Now there is also something called DVB-T coming (DVB-S is satellite), DVB-S2 is high def satellite, DVB-T is terrestrial digital (called here digitenne). Also DVB-T is pay, and it is not where I am yet. Lots of people here have a dish, it is the best thing there is, you can watch other cultures, verify local news against the source, I even watched the last hours of Iraq TV while madman GW Bush the horrible bombed it, the picture shaking and finally going of air. And I have been following Chinese lessons via the CCTV4 Chinese transmissions.

No it is not your old TV scene anymore in Europe :-) I Have a TV card in the PC to record and time shift, wrote much of the software for that myself, look here: user: guest password: none

Jan Panteltje