tv failure

I've been trying to rectify a fault on ferguson tv(25inc), model no;d59f. the nature of the fault is; the tv always switches itself off an on ,after sometime( with shrill noise from the line transformer ), especially when connected to the aerial and tv station very bright. i have removed the boost capacitor in the power supply with known good one,but the problem still continue.i observed that when the tv is not receiving broadcast signal,it will not switch off. i've injected a video signal throughthe av input(bypassing the tuner), the result is still the same.Arching is observed in the line transformer ,with vertical dark line streaks when the tv is about to swich off.What could be the cause of this?

Reply to
kunleadewole2007

I have no tolerance for CRT problems... One little flicker and it's not fast enough to let gravity accelerate it into the trash. :P

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

Look at the name of this group again. If you are DESIGNING a TV, this is the group.

TV **repair** is in news:sci.electronics.repair.

*-*-*-design-of-*-circuits+qq-qq+combining.components.into.circuits+sci.electronics.design-*-*-design+uu+repair

Reply to
JeffM

g/13651a897337a7a9?q...

Considering all the OT political nonsense found here, TV repair is at least peripherally related to ED, and at one time was even a respectable path to it. Just ask JT.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Yep. All the practical stuff I learned from puttering around in my Dad's TV repair shop.

"ED"?? Isn't that Erectile Dysfunction ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

And your question is what?

Reply to
PeterD

You have excessive HV, and the question should asked in the repair channel.

--
"I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"
Reply to
Jamie

Now if you had one of those cheap Replica Ferguson TV's, or had the Louis Vuitton remote to go with it.... you'd be in the right place!!

(Seriously: Can't help. Sorry.)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Seems you know little about fixing TV sets. Replace or rewind that transformer.

Reply to
Robert Baer

"Erratic Drivel", AKA: dimbulb.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's a power supply problem somewhere obviously. Definitely not a good sign to have audible and visual arcing occurring in the line transformer, and there shouldn't be any type of circuit fault that would cause this. You could make a temporary substitute for that transformer and see if the problem goes away. The TV is chock full of all kinds of fault shut-down circuitry and one or more of these can be triggered by the transformer fault.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs