Turning off annoying windows messages

Anybody know how to disable windows warnings:

  1. Your computer may be at risk
  2. Wireless network not found.

Its getting annoying when they pop up when we're demoing a usb driven remote display for a flight simulator

Steve

Reply to
osr

I'm no windows pro but here's something to try..

For the security messages.. Control panel Security center Change the way Security Center alerts me Deselect stuff. I think that'll work.

I dunno about the wireless network not found.. It might be something like this.. Control panel Network Connections Right click on some icon Select disable. But I dunno for sure..

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Martin Riddle

THANK YOU SIR!

Steve Roberts

Reply to
osr

Linux?

Then you'll get annoying Linux messages :-).

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Such as "You do not have permission to write ..."

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Most useful link, thx...............

Reply to
TTMan

Just fix the system such that it works and warnings are unnecessary.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I'd do that but I'm not paying macafee another cent for nothing :-) ]]

Steve

Reply to
osr

An easier way is:

  1. Open Group Policy, then load the group policy you want to apply the change to.

Note: On a computer that is not a part of a domain you can set this feature locally by running GPEDIT.MSC from the Run command (only on XP Pro).

  1. Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates >

Start Menu & Taskbar 3.

Double-click Remove Balloon Tips on Start Menu Items and select Enabled.

  1. Ok all the way out. 5.

To revert to the original configuration status you'll need to Disable the same option, click Apply, and then set it to Not Configured.

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith