True Power - Digital Watt Meter

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some direction to build a watt meter that I can interface to a uP. I would like to be able calculate the power factor of house hold appliances and therefore need the true power reading. My thoughts so far is to use some king of a shunt but there may be other ways. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Reply to
adrian.boyd

Analog Devices do a number of circuits for doing this kind of job in a variety of situations. Here is an application note for one of their parts.

df

I hope this helps

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Thanks, thats great. Exactly whan I am looking for. This is going to make the task a lot simpler.

regards Adrian

Reply to
adrian.boyd

has some stuff, eg