transistor arrays

The NPN capacitances and beta curve are impressive.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation

I know the data sheet is dated August 8, 2013, but those arrays have been around for years. The H in HFA comes from Harris, after all.

What's new in the 2013 data sheet? A more detailed characterisation?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Hi Bill

If you mean CA3036, CA3096 you are right - they are ancient :-)

-

HFA3046-3096-3127-3128 on the other are relatively new (silicon-on-insulator/SOI, fT 5.5GHz) transistors.

-

These might also be interesting:

THAT 300 Series Low-Noise Matched Transistor Arrays

/Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Hi Bill

If you mean CA3046, CA3096 you are right - they are ancient :-)

-

HFA3046-3096-3127-3128 on the other are relatively new (silicon-on-insulator/SOI, fT 5.5GHz) transistors.

-

These might also be interesting:

THAT 300 Series Low-Noise Matched Transistor Arrays

/Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Hi Bill

If you mean CA3046, CA3096 you are right - they are ancient - almost germanium :-)

-

HFA3046-3096-3127-3128 on the other are relatively new (silicon-on-insulator/SOI, fT 5.5GHz) transistors.

-

These might also be interesting:

THAT 300 Series Low-Noise Matched Transistor Arrays

/Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Hi Bill

If you mean CA3046, CA3096 you are right - they are ancient - almost germanium :-)

-

HFA3046-3096-3127-3128 on the other are relatively new (silicon-on-insulator/SOI, fT 5.5GHz, max 8Vce) transistors.

RF Amplifier Design Using HFA3046, HFA3096, HFA3127, HFA3128 Transistor Arrays:

Citat: "... The SOI process has the advantage of lower DC and AC parasitic leakage currents as opposed to junction isolation, which leads to good isolation between transistors. Furthermore, an SOI process provides substantially lower collector to substrate capacitance, immunity to any possible latch-up between the devices, and superior radiation hardness. ... The HFA3127 is used for the two stage matched (800MHz to 2500MHz) high-gain amplifier design, while the HFA3096 is used for the 10MHz to

600MHz wideband feedback amplifier. ..."

-

These might also be interesting:

THAT 300 Series Low-Noise Matched Transistor Arrays

/Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

If somebody want thermically coupled transistor, but not matched, these might be interesting. Bonus: They are cheaper than 2 discrete transistors:

e.g. BC847BDW1T1G:

MMDT2222A (MMDT2907A):

/Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

How would you know? I don't see anything about differential thermal resistance in either of those devices. I would just as well assume they are standard uncoupled devices, RthJJ ~= RthJC.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

Fairly obviously, I didn't. those are RCA part numbers and I was just getting started as an electronic engineer when they were first introduced.

The Harris parts were tolerably special when they were first introduced - 5GHz parts on a common substrate. I first used a a 5GHz broadband transistor back around 1978

Ghiggino, K.P., Phillips, D., and Sloman, A.W. "Nanosecond pulse stretcher",Journal of Physics E: Scientific Instruments, 12, 686-687 (1979).

but Harris's introduction of fast version of the old RCA workhorses was interesting. It did happen later than 1979, but not so much later that I can understand why John Larkin is making a fuss about it now.

Sure but it must be a least twenty years old by now. RCA sued the process for radiation-hard parts long before Harris used it to upgrade the RCA transistor arrays.

We all know about them. Farnell stocks at least some of them and has done for years.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I'm a fan. The problem is the clunky package--check out the difference in the parasitics for the bare die--more than half comes from the stupid huge package!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Hmmm, granted the SOIC package is palin stupid but the QFN one is not that big, at 3x3 (yes mm, not inches :-) It's just 2.2 times the bare die size after all.

Using the same column for the QFN and SOIC packages has probably something to do with laziness, or maybe (pdf) paper is too expensive these days. Interestingly, there is not even that distinction for the S parameters data and there's no mention of measuring conditions (which package is concerned). Useless...

It'd be interesting to get some SOIC and QFN and take real measurments. I'm ready to bet that the QFN is not that bad, WRT capacitance (probably halfway between bare die and the "packaged" column) and it is garanteed to be much better regarding parasitic inductance. Almost surely as good as the bare die, which has to be wirebonded anyhow.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Am 10.03.2014 18:41, schrieb Fred Bartoli:

The ceramic flat pack is really bad. And don't think that you can build a current mirror without base stoppers in SOIC.

But it is the best/fastest space qualified pnp I could find.

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Palin stupid? She predicted the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and was roundly mocked for it. She was right, in more than one meaning of the word.

Or did you misspell "plain" ?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

id

Since the Russians have only "invaded" the Crimean peninsula, rather than t he Ukraine as a whole, and the "invasion" essentially constituted building up the garrisons of their numerous and long established military bases on t he peninsula, either you are stupid enough to have misunderstood an accurat e prediction or Sarah Palin was stupid enough to think that the Crimean pen insula is the whole of the Ukraine.

I'm inclined to go for the latter. Sarah Palin is on record as having claim ed that she knew about Russia because she could see it from Alaska, which s uggests that she doesn't know much about the Ukraine (quite apart from the fact that she doesn't seem know much about anything, which is required of a nybody who supports the Tea Party, for any reason except psychopathic polit ical ambition).

Seems likely, but if so it was a fruitful transposition.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Guess so, but that seems to have pulled a sensitive string :-)

--
Thanks,
Fred.

They do. Has anyone ever used them for fast pulsing?

That way one could have the TX pulser and the sampler pulser on the same die so they won't veer in timing versus each other. At least not much.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Ya, almost, When prompted by Charlie Gibson with, "What insight into Russian actions... does the proximity of this state give you?

Palin said "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska"

That was a time filler reiterating Charlie's "the proximity of this state" quote, I don't know whether she went on with any thing in answer to his question or not. The video stops short.

It would not have become such a big deal if not for Tina Fey saying, "I can see Russia from my house," A Zogby pole showed 87% of the people interviewed believed Palin said the line.

The left leaning media can really play havoc with the truth, by exaggeration and not covering important stories because it would hurt the left. Did you note the lack of coverage of Lois Learner and her second round of taking the fifth. Obama says there is "Not even a smidgen of corruption" but the congressional committee can't seem to get anybody to talk. Obama said ?This is the most transparent administration in history,? Bullshit The additional $5,000 for my Obamacare is not a $2,500 reduction, I don't care how many times he says it.

Now, back to your regular programming. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Furaxa does sampling and fast pulse generation by routing current through a cascode stack of diffamps, and skewing the gate drives to let little slivers of current through the stack. That might work with an Intersil array. I don't know if the Furaxa patents allow that.

That would be interesting, and potentially very simple. The diffamp delay drive could just be PC traces.

Precision electronic instrumentation

You might be able to do something similar with a LT5560 as the diffamp in the stack you mention. It doesn't say the LO port can be used down to DC, however I would be surprised if it didn't work if you get rid of the coupling capacitors and set up the right DC levels.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Tina Fey claims that she didn't have write anything new when she was sending up Sarah Palin - what Palin said was funny enough, though I imagine that there was a bit of selective quotation involved.

But they didn't have to in this case. Sarah Palin really is an air-headed half-wit.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to