Transformer design software

Hi All,

I'm looking for simple to drive, and cheap, transformer design software that can cope with saturable cores and various types of construction (e.g. 3 legged version with windings on both outer limbs and the inner limb, such is used in saturable core reactors).

Basically I want to just input some standard parameters such as VA rating, turns ratio, output inductance ranges (for a saturable core) etc. and for the software to generate a design file for a manufacturer to convert into a real transformer. Even better if it produces a SPICE or LTSpice model to simulate with.

Anyone know of a such software? I've heard of Intusoft's Magnetics Designer but this is a bit expensive and looks pretty complicated to drive.

Thanks! Mark.

Reply to
markp

this isn't quite the answer you need, but I know a transformer designer.

pretty much any "new" design resulted in him walking over to a filing cabinet and just pulling out a design that will work to can be modified to meet the new requirements.

Apparently rows of filing cabinets and decades of experience is faster than any computer model, especially since an existing or slightly changed design already has the parts list ready to hand to the pricing people.

Even more amusing was he was able to tell customers the specs they filled out in a quote form or design questionnaire wouldn't work for their own application.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader