Top 20 Greenest Schools

Nerd centric hellholes conspicuously absent:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Didn't read. I was teaching a workshop in the local college. (Buffalo NY) They put in a new wing with "Green" bathrooms. No flush urinals.. A bit stinky and here in the NE we have no shortage of water! Nation-wide standards are silly.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

They do sound tricky to maintain.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Don't worry. In a couple of years, they'll have to tear out the bathrooms and install new urinals (if bathrooms aren't all unisex by then, like the military). A couple of years ago they ripped out all the no-water urinals, here. It must have cost a few hundred grand to replace them. Your college just flushed that money down the urinal.

Reply to
krw

Why not just once, to see if you can do it, post something funny or optimistic or interesting or -even- on topic?

 Click to see the full signature

There is that three mile wide asteroid coming real close next month. Maybe it will end all you worries.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

7 million kilometers is real close? Only if you are desperate for things to be afraid of.
 Click to see the full signature

Maybe I read it wrong, the story I read said 40,000 miles.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

That would be way inside the moon's orbit, glaringly visible. Doesn't sound right.

It does have two moons of its own, which is cool.

 Click to see the full signature

It did sound like a very near miss to me. And a three-miler 'roid would finish the place off with a hit. Good thing it narrowly misses our moon on the way in, it could have hit that.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

4 million miles. Inside the moons orbit would be scary.. well scarier.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold