tmer relay help needed

I have a project that needs a timer relay to run a device ON for a few seconds (30ish?) evey few minutes.

i purchased this item

with a configured part number of DA1420A3 was told it was 0-60 seconds ON and 0-60 minutes OFF w/repeat but the dial controls and the .pdf state it is the reverse of that and does not repeat says the guy at Danher Controls tech supp.

before buying this unit i looked at some others I pasted my model/part# notes below (sorry its just a jumble) which some interval ranges are user configured by adding various values of resistor to a pair of config terminals. the Danher guy says I can't do that with this one or at least won't tell me how as they are configured at order time (probably by doing just that)

rather than buying a new timer it seems there probably some simple way to get this to repeat cycle into continuous on/off operation and was hoping one of you gurus could show me how.

others:

TYCO VTM7 SRC72AGIA AOT TGKD10100 A or B 2 MC1000301x Macromatic * TR-531 Repeat Cycle Time Delay Relays * TR-551 Repeat Cycle Time Delay Relays Sensorproducts B8RN B8RF artisan 2610a 2600a-8-1 42

SSAC TDR4A22 63 KRDR424A4 KRDR421A4 38 3-4weeks RS4A22

61 DSTUA3 50 KRDR
Reply to
urjant

I looked at the data sheet and if the part number you give is correct then you can make it do what you want......

The 14 => 6 to 60 sec OFF The 20 => 6.4 to 60 min ON The A3 => 120V 50/60Hz AC or 120V DC The blank at the end after the A3 => "standard, OFF time first, DPDT relay Output"

The thing to note is that the output relay is DPDT which means if you use the right contacts you _can_ invert the output so that it's it ON for Seconds first then OFF for Mins just as you wanted.

If the blank was an 03 that would mean "one time" only so.... it appears you DO have a standard repeating model as well.

Note the the minimium OFF time would be 6.4 Mins (eg 6 mins 24 Seconds).

Reply to
CWatters

thanks for your reply, it seems that the unit may be damaged then i can only get the 0-60 second nterval working, it then switches to the 0-60 minute "on" dial (with the red LED indicator and stays there indefinately. i believe its possibile i could have shorted the output while testing the lugs kept slipping off.

or

if you look under feature description it states that only the "01" config is for coninuous operation and "00" and "03" require toggling of the "start" switch.

since this is not a "01" model it does not repeat cycle on its own, perhaps.

I have connected L1 (white wire houshold power) to pins A,7, 9 and L2 (black) to pin B and opposing side of myload1. I have experimented with the output pins 1 or 4 or 3 or 6 to the remaing side myload2

I get 2 results total from 4 outputs the smaller interval first and then the LED lights at the ON timer dial (the longer interval and STAYS permantly in that mode. (which has opened the possibilty that i may have burned the larger interval timer circuit since the

2nd larger ON interval never completes.)

what i find confusing is that outputs 1 or 4 are identical to outputs

3 or 6 which are 2 different interval ranges. it appears that i have a dual interval timer only half of which seems to work which would be the smaller 0-60s "OFF" first interval (which can be flopped as u stated depending on NO or NC conection .

Reply to
urjant

No I think you missunderstand. It's NOT one timer operating each switch. There is only _one_ relay coil and that operates the two switches together. It like you have two switches linked together mechanically so both switch together. In this case with your wiring I would expect "outputs 1 or 4 are identical to outputs 3 or 6"

In the table for calculating the part number at the end of the dats sheet it says under Features:

(Blank) = Standard, OFF Time First, DPDT

01 = ON Time First 03 = One Cycle Only (OFF Time First) (Requires factory components)

So my interpretation is still that blank after the A3 means it's repeating.

Reply to
CWatters

heres is more text not found in the pdf.

temporary available at

ftp://parts: snipped-for-privacy@divxdude.dyndns.org/book2.jpg

Reply to
urjant

Ok that helps...

Refer to the text below where it says ""00" Feature". It clearly says "Repeat Repeat Cycle Timing" as it also does for feature = 01.

Only under 03 does it says "One Cycle Timing"

I think I can see the problem... Try this....

Close the control switch to start the timer running BUT _leave it closed_ don't toggle it. Just wait. Does it repeat when the timers expire?

It think it will repeat because it says "Close control switch to start timing cycle. Open control switch to reset". eg It doesn't say toggle switch to start. Leave it closed and see what happens.

Colin

Reply to
CWatters

yeah i tried both ways..second(lond) interval just stays on permenant. like 2nd dial LED stays on too.

I even tried closing it after applying L1 to the oter points ..no change..

toggleing doesnt work at all timer does not function at all if no power to A and B

Reply to
urjant

The Contol switch is the same as the start switch? No other switch on the unit?

Reply to
CWatters

no switch at all ...thats added by the user

ftp://parts: snipped-for-privacy@divxdude.dyndns.org/internal.jpg

i took it apart. heres what it looks like.

if i can find my meter i can test some stuff like resistors caps diodes.

Reply to
urjant

I stated earlier that i connected the output to only ONE point 1 or 4 or 3 or 6 but i wonder if the 2nd interval circuit requires a load also such that TWO output is (1 or 4) AND (3 or 6) , could this be why the long interval is not ending properly?

the diagram shows both but what where would I connect the other OUT?

Reply to
urjant

whats bugging me is that the configuration jumpers inside could have been tampered or were even prepared by some stoner at the factory or distributor level at purchase time. and Eagle Signal doens't and won't provide that setup chart such that i can check it.

it would be quit simple to check the cuts in the 3 SEVERABLE JUMPER BLOCKS to be sure thats its not accidentally set for 0-60 hours instead of minutes.

I asked..the guy wouldn't give.

Reply to
urjant

the whole thread can be found here

if this link works hopefully.

in a nutshell

is this timer broken?

am i not using it correctly?

was it just configured wrong at order time? (since it is an internally custom configurable device.)

and probably how can i use it with another timer relay device to get a recycling timer with different ON and OFF ranges since half of this one seems to be broken or not up to my needs.

Reply to
urjant