Tired of feeding all the neighbor cats

If it's any help, here's the circuit of one I designed to go on a cat flap:

There was one coil on the inner wall of the house and one on the outer, with the cat flap mechanism mounted in a tunnel between them. The cat owner wrote the software to decode the signals using (I think) an Arduino.

The voltage across the tuning capacitor is over 100v rms, so a miniature trimmer may not be suitable.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 8:40:23 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote: Mikek

I have heard that a sensor that turns on a sprinkler system works. The deer get use to horns or other noise makers.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Cool! Great idea! Thanks!

krw

If the cat is big enough to wear a crate-size tag, no critter is gonna be stealing it's food...not for long.

Reply to
Bill Martin

That sounds biblical.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ALREADY available? Wow, I am SO behind the times!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

The feral cats are quite amazing. My wife adopted one who was an amazing hunter, and got me to put a cat door in our garage. She would not let us get close to her. Her kittens grew up in our garage, and would let us get close to them, and they would interact with our kids. We got to watch the mom teach her kittens how to hunt, that was an unforgettable sight. Lots of incredible memories, but I'm glad they moved out, as we had to clean up the pelts of whatever they had been eating. They definitely ate ALL of what they caught.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

By the way, there is a mention in this thread about turning on sprinklers when an invader is around. I have heard that it works on raccoons and cats. You could rig up a PIR detector to activate the water valve. Don't know what to say about your own cat triggering it, though.

Reply to
John S

That sounds biblical.

-- Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)

It does. On the right hand or the forehead. It's not far. Cattle is "chipped" already these days. The idea is also perfectly described by Ira Levin in "This perfect day."

i hear nothing about the Rotterdam experiment anymore. So it works either perfect or it is abandoned but I'm not curious enough to go and find it out.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

That's easy. Keep your cats *inside*.

Reply to
krw

Apparently, yes. It could also depend on the region where you live. Here, it is quite common to have a chip implanted in your pets so the owner can be located when they are found somewhere. Each chip has a unique number and there is some database with owner data that can be searched. Hand-held readers to read the number are commonly available, and of course it was only a matter of time for the manufacturers of electronically locked car entry doors (that already existed, but used a collar) to get the idea of using the chip instead if the inconvenient and sometimes dangerous collar.

Reply to
Rob

It's being done to humans, too. Want to buy a candy bar?

krw